Posts by babyqueen

Go MOG, and go you. I can't believe someone would do that. It's true that one client ruins it for the rest. Eventually you get a client that just burns you, and you increase your prices, and you become tough. I'm just glad you got the money. And you get to hold your head high, you did the right thing. I just think it's poetic that she had her ring taken away, I don't feel sorry for her. Only the MOG, and the groom. It would be hard to walk away from your weddding over a...
Hi All,I was trying to find the thread about making the cookies that look like a scoop of ice-cream, like they sell at disneyland and used to be on etsy.It was several pages long and had everyone posting pics and recipes and really working together to figure it all out. Now I can't find it to save my life!!!Could someone please point me in the right direction?Thanks,
I really think it depends on the size of the cake. If they are 10" or less, $100 is good.
Well, it's horrible that she said that, especially in front of others, but even I know fondant is not as nice as buttercream, and I only use fondant. It's just part of the medium. Most people hate fondant, but maybe you could say "well you just haven't tried homemade fondant" or something like that. Sorry that happened.
What about if you used the large wonder mold? If you look at the overall shape, it looks a lot like the shape of a dress. Then you could carve some away and add some fondant under there for the path. I think that would be the best way to make it feed less people, and require less baking time.
I don't know about the stamping, but you could have a custom chocolate transfer made, although they usually only do large orders. I made some robots of the Rodney and Fender characters from the Robots movie. I just made every piece separately and kept them together with pasta and vodka.
My best kept secret is my honey cookie recipe; and it will stay that way!!!!!!My other secret is that almost every sculpted cake needs to be reviewed by my DH before it is covered to make sure that the proportions are right. After 7 year, I still don't trust myself.
I honestly think it's fine to save the date for the best cake offer; a premium cake that makes it worth doing just the one. I think that you should either say nothing, or email her directly. I think rebutting every bad comment online is worthless, but I feel your pain, and it is really hard to walk away. But sometimes you just look worse trying to set the record straight.
Yes, in the new Martha Stewart weddings she has color combos and the blue and green, the first one I listed is in there. I actually looks stunning.
Well, as far as blue and green go, the most popular versions to put together are light aqua and emerald green, or the peacock electric blue and deep hunter green.