Posts by lilscakes

that's my "cleaning" agent as well! Works like a charm; is environmentally friendly and cuts grease with little to no effort. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest there's maybe something wrong with your lino. It really shouldn't be doing that after everything you've tried.
it this were me (I'm not very talented compared to some of the people on this site!), I would roll out a very thin sheet of gumpaste, let it dry then, using a light box would place a photo of the logo on it. Cover it with your gumpaste and then you could paint it with food colouring (or airbrush food colours). The colours don't appear too complicated and I think you could pull it off this way. You should cut out your gumpaste in the general shape of the logo before it...
[quote="BlakesCakes"]Yes, but it's not food safe vinyl. Creating and marketing food safe products add cost to those products, but it's a worthwhile cost in the end.I don't think this differs from using a "paint roller" designed for paint, to smooth your BC (Melvira's method), & other tools designed for other uses, but adapted to caking. The vinyl is designed to be used as a tablecloth cover, so the fact it's not food safe is up to the individual using it. I personally...
I have both the KA and Cuisinart. My KA sits in my everyday kitchen while the Cuisinart takes on the Cuisinart take on the bigger jobs in my cake studio. I highly recommend the Cuisinart (actually recommend any product they make...I have several and love them all). HTH
I don't have the mat and instead simply use two sheets of clear "tablecloth" plastic. Works like a charm & much,much cheaper. I roll it on a large tube between uses and have not had any issues. Total cost under $5.00
depends. I think it's ok for basics, but then the pressure is on you to purchase all the Wilton supplies for a one time use. If you know some basics, you can learn a lot from here, the internet, and books. I'm 99% self taught from these methods and learn something new each time I visit CC. Welcome to the forum. It's an Awesome place!
ugh....I had the same thing happen to me last year. Only difference it was for my neighbor's daughter and I was doing it for cost (I know, I know....stupid thing to do , but learned my lesson). I ended up "eating" the cost for two of the largest layers and donated the cakes to a women's shelter. Wedding back on this year, bride asked me again to make the cake, I said "no". Won't be making that mistake again! I'd say if you have a contract, go with what it says. ...
I've spent a considerable amount of time building up my business to the point of being licensed in my home. I am about to "hang" my shingle out there to begin accepting customers. A friend who lives close by has suddenly developed an "interest" in caking and wants to know everything about my business, how I do things, who I buy my supplies from etc. I haven't responded as to be honest, I'm a bit "miffed" that she would assume I would simply hand over my trade secrets...
I've never attempted this technique, but wouldn't an electric water kettle work for steaming? Seems to me I saw that on a cake decorating show sometime ago.....would be interested in knowing how you manage. Good Luck!
I have both the KA & Cuisineart. Like them both, but if I had to choose one over the other, it would be the Cuisineart handsdown. As someone already pointed out, it has more power and a far better warranty. I think KA is only something like a year whereas my Cuisineart has a 5 year warranty. Despite what the video may show....the bowl isn't an issue for me. The bowl collar is a much better design, though one still has to cover the opening from time to time to prevent...