Posts by GenGen

the only cake flour i can get locally is in a small box and costs almost 5$ yikes. i have to use AP in mine
i just saw it for the first time posted on pinterest the other day. would love to see / hear how it works for anyone who has used it.
you can also try makin a nice cake pop set up- take a good photo of it and laminate it with flavors prices etc and post that on your table?
ah drat its not giving me anything. sorry for the trouble!
way to go Leah!! so glad your able to find your niche!!! you deserve it.. i'm not sure if i have your FB page yet or not. mind my asking for it?
very good points! thanks for the youtube vid~ love the points and differences brought up.. i'm leaning more towards the new KA for alot of reasons.. the warranty with WS is a big factor especially with that the fact of the gear issue happened with my KA a few years ago (ka artisan) when it was dropped. hubby adjusted, still runs but i need "more power" and capacity
back before i learned how to make a decent cake from scratch i did the box mix - ppl would compliment the taste like crazy - and me- thinking they Were crazy lol i'd reply "its just from a mix- anyone could do it" imo getting a good texture and flavor from scratch is where the real skill is. i dunno i just thought they were nuts lol. at least the frosting was from scratch lol
i dont have access to hi ratio though i'd like to..honestly i just use wiltons bc recipe and add the amount of meringue it calls for- but more times then not i add in extra.. the key is to have right on or more meringue rather then less.the way i do my cakes, bake, soon as it comes out of oven put dish cloth over and press gently to flatten- never have to trim to level my cakes this way. remove from pan on board once cool i wrap and freezethen place filling in, top with...
i dont have access to hi ratio though i'd like to..honestly i just use wiltons bc recipe and add the amount of meringue it calls for- but more times then not i add in extra.. the key is to have right on or more meringue rather then less.the way i do my cakes, bake, soon as it comes out of oven put dish cloth over and press gently to flatten- never have to trim to level my cakes this way. remove from pan on board once cool i wrap and freezethen place filling in, top with...
the cake is so cute. how did you do the letters?