Posts by hockeygirl658

I was going through yesterdays mail and saw that we got a Swiss Colony catalouge. I was flipping through looking for flavor combinations that I could use and saw this.http://www.swisscolony.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2207&keyword=dirt+ballsIt's our cake balls! Selling for just over a dollar each.
If I didn't know better I would say they are REAL. And I only know better cause we are on CC! Great job!
If I was in a position to be sketching designs (don't have that kind of client base yet) I would not give them out. If I needed to give a price and had to do a rough sketch (for me) to calculate that would be one thing.If after giving a client a price, they wanted to "see" what it would look like, I would charge a design consulation fee. Say.....$30.00. They could keep a copy of the sketch, with copyright info printed across it like a watermark, after I got the...
Um. WOW. Like my mother says to me, "How do you FIND these people?!?" and my response is always, "Mom, they find me."But seriously.......doesn't use contracts and is afraid you will take more money out than she wrote the check for? Is she new to personal banking? How would you even do that?CRAZY!!!!Good for you for sticking to your guns! And this lady and all her little friends seem nuts. For them, you are booked until at least 2079. Or the 5th of never. ...
I agree hers are way prettier! And rounder on top. As for the shine, maybe she covered in fondant and used luster dust? Just guessing. Such a cute idea. They look real.
If I wasn't already married I would think you were talking about my wedding! DH and I don't care for cake (for eating anyway) and were planning on having pie. My mother just about died. Our compromise? We had a small, 8" cake so we could do the offical cutting and then we all ate pie. People who didn't want pie could have cake. And mom was happy since we did the offical cake cutting and feeding thing.So maybe the bride would want to do a desert bar and have a...
ME2- I am so glad you posted this question. It is like you read my mind! I am doing a wedding cake for this weekend and just got back from the cake supply store.Sleave filling is premade filling that comes in plastic sleaves. I just bought two sleaves of Bavarian Creame for my cake on Saturday for less than I could have made it.
Oh my word! What a blessing. I just plugged in the numbers for the cake I am working on right now. I was a little under in my pricing. But only by $20. But now I won't ever have to be under again! Thanks so much for uploading this!
BC has both Chocolate and Yellow Butter. That is what I normally use, but at .88 a box I couldn't pass up the DH. Mine look beautiful on the outside so far. No sinking or cracking and they rose up beautifully.I used an extra egg, a box of pudding and buttermilk. Plus a bottle of red food color (Red Velvet Cake) for each mix. Although I doubt the food color had much impact on their sucssess or failure.
So here is my report on the DH mixes I got last night. The first cake baked up well. I will tort it tomorrow, so I don't know how the middle looks yet. I have to say that BC is easier to work with as far as mixing goes. DH is FULL of lumps. I tried siffting. It jammed my sifter up and had to take it apart. TWICE! I noticed that DH requires far less water (milk) than BC does. Maybe that is why it clumps up so bad. Because there is extra moisture in the mix...