Posts by BJ

Thank you.
I haven't put any sort of "backing" on the ribbon but I think that's just for BC - I know that bleeds AND stains the ribbon. It will be ok? I'm so nervous..... aahhhh.
I'm doing a wedding cake with white fondant. A black satin ribbon will be placed around each tier. Couple things - should I worry about bleeding with the black ribbon on white fondant? Which leads to my next question - how soon could I put the ribbon on the cake? Could I do it the night before or should I wait until I set the cake up at the venue? The cake will be at the venue for 5 hours before the reception starts. My neice is getting married at 1 and the reception...
I'm looking at the DH recipe posted here that asks for 4 egg whites along with other ingredients to be added when making the recipe - my question is - can you substitute meringue powder instead of egg real egg whites? how much mp would you use to replace the whites?
Thank you very much for your help and advice!!!
I'm making a 5 tiered wedding cake and the middle 3 will be dummy cakes. Do you attached the cake dummy to a regular cake board before covering in fondant? I would think yes if it's going on top of a real cake but would like some experienced answers as this is a first for me (using dummy cakes). Also, to keep the height consistent throughout - should I then attach all dummies to cake boards? Also - how many dowels in the bottom (real) cake should I use? It is a 14"...
Thanks so much for the help!!
Can I ask what you use to adhere your fondant to the foam? I've heard both water or shortening.....
Thank you. :) The fondant won't dry and crack ?
If the bride is asking for a 5 tier wedding cake and the middle 3 are dummy cakes - can I make those the weekend before the wedding so I can work on the real cakes just before the wedding?  They will be covered in white fondant with no decorations other than ribbon going around the base of each cake.  I won't put that on till it's delivered so I'm not worried about bleeding.  My concern is - will the fondant on the dummy cakes dry out to where it looks dried out?  I've...