Posts by BJ

Thanks so much for the help!!
Can I ask what you use to adhere your fondant to the foam? I've heard both water or shortening.....
Thank you. :) The fondant won't dry and crack ?
If the bride is asking for a 5 tier wedding cake and the middle 3 are dummy cakes - can I make those the weekend before the wedding so I can work on the real cakes just before the wedding?  They will be covered in white fondant with no decorations other than ribbon going around the base of each cake.  I won't put that on till it's delivered so I'm not worried about bleeding.  My concern is - will the fondant on the dummy cakes dry out to where it looks dried out?  I've...
Oh thank goodness! Now I just have to find them. I went to 3 different grocery stores and none of them had the old ones. Thanks for researching. I never thought to go to their website. You rock and thanks for the relief! Hugs.
I had to run out to get more Viva towels to smooth my cake this morning (hubby used the last of the roll for cleaning golf clubs - argh!) I couldn't find the old style Viva - they have a new "vantage v-flex weave" for more scrubbing power! and it has a "V" pattern. Guess I'll go back to using parchment paper... I hope I can find the old style somewhere but no time today - got a cake to do!
but does it make a difference if it's "instant" pudding mix or regular pudding mix?
Does it make a difference if you use instant pudding mix or regular pudding mix when adding it to a cake recipe?
A relative wants a 2" border of rhinestones around each tier of her wedding cake - when it comes time to cut the cake at the reception - how does that happen? Not like you want to be dismantling part of the cake right there before they cut the cake........
What is the difference between styrofoam and styrene when using it for a cake dummy? is one smoother than the other? Is one heavier? I'm looking to purchase some for a wedding cake display. Thanks for any help or suggestions.