Posts by LittleLinda

I know this is an OLD post; but I'd like to see a picture of the cascade of flowers before and after it's attached to the cake.  Do you have one?
Buttercream (no butter and no cream) ... I was given that recipe in 1982 at my first Wilton cake decorating class.  I was never comfortable calling it buttercream.  But it sure is delicious!
It could be a tip 2D which is a larger tip than the regular tips.  They don't fit on the coupler.  You would put it in the icing bag without a coupler.  She swirled it from the outside in.
I never use heating cores on 12x18 cakes; but if you want to, I think one is enough.  If you wanted to use two, it doesn't matter if your flower nails are different sizes.  I use wax paper at the bottom of my pans, I don't butter them or anything extra.  I do, however, use baking strips around the outside of the pan.   (thick cotton material soaked in cold water works fine.)   Attach the strip with binder clips near the corners of the pan.  I have been making cakes since...
Buttercream icing:   2 lbs confectionary sugar 2 cups shortening 2 tsps. vanilla 1/2 cup water   Whip 2 minutes.
I suppose it's modeling chocolate.  A very cool cake, indeed. 
I suppose it's modeling chocolate.  A very cool cake, indeed. 
About the windshield, are you using buttercream or fondant?    I've seen fondant hit with steam to make it shiny. 
I think you could add a box of instant pudding mix, but try it out first. 
I cut my boards out of cardboard.  Double the cardboard.  Cover in freezer paper.