Posts by aizuodangao

Thanks so much for these links. i wouldn't have found them otherwise Much appreciated.
Thanks for your suggestion on using pastillage. I have read about this in my book but have never tried it. If I feel ambitious, will try it, if not, will probably chicken out and make the cake without the ring. LOL. Will definitely read about this and then decide whether it is something I can manage. Thanks for your suggestion again.
thanks for the bump!
Hi,ah! My son's b'day is only 2 weeks away!!!!!!!! Need help quick please. i am thinking of making this lunar house (featured in Lunar Jim DVD - for other pics, please check out lunarjim.com) and put the lunar people featured in 'lunar Jim' around the cake.Since i don't have any ball pan, can i use a steam pudding pan instead (think my mother in law has one which i can borrow)? IF so, how do i prepare the pan? not sure what cake mixture I'll use yet, but how to i know at...
Hi,I am chinese. All chinese love to see the word ' double happiness' character on wedding day. Perhaps you can make a pair of bride and groom wearing traditional wedding gowns?Links i found in googlechinese wedding gowns:http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPAA,HPAA:2005-35,HPAA:en&q=chinese%20wedding%20gowns&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iwchinese wedding gowns...
Thanks for much for your suggestions and links! I'd btter read these quick and start making decisions on what cupcake/ cookies to make. Not sure if i can get bettery crocker cake mix here but will sure to check.thanks again. Much appreciated
Oh, i get it. Confectioner's sugar is icing sugar. ok. Love to find out hwat exactly icing mixture is though (in Oz)? so many different terminology - it's confusing. thanks everyone!
Hi,I saw some lovely iced cookies here a few days ago but unfortunately I can't remember whose cookies they were I have never made cookies, let alone icing them. LOLMy son's 5th birthday will be in 2 weeks time and i'd love to make/decorate some cookies/cupcakes to take to his day care (instead of a cake).I need to know the following:1) recipe for the icing. Not sure what to put on the cookies yet but the theme is Lunar Jim (www.lunarjim.com). I have tried piping at...
Hi,I saw some lovely iced cookies here a few days ago but unfortunately I can't remember whose cookies they were I have never made cookies, let alone icing them. LOLMy son's 5th birthday will be in 2 weeks time and i'd love to make/decorate some cookies/cupcakes to take to his day care (instead of a cake).I need to know the following:1) recipe for the icing. Not sure what to put on the cookies yet but the theme is Lunar Jim (www.lunarjim.com). I have tried piping at...
Oh thanks for answering.So, it's icing sugar. ok, but curious, what's icing mixture then?