Posts by Brickflor

Mine will after about 10-15 mins. I'm pretty sure Ohmygoodies does also but you could pm her just to make sure.
This is by ohmygoodies (0 gm transfat recipe):1/2 Cup Butter 1/2 Cup Crisco 1 tsp Clear Vanilla Extract 1 lb/4 cups Powdered Sugar 2-3 TBS WHOLE MILK - MUST USE MILK NOT WATER This is mine (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5183-2-My-Buttercream-Recipe.html):1 c. butter 1/2 c. shortening 6 c. pwd sugar 1 1/2 tsp clear vanilla 3-5 tbs half and half 1-2 tbs corn syrup I use a 2 to 1 ratio for the butter and crisco. The half and half makes it a little more creamy and the...
right, real butter I don't use the exact same recipe but mine is similar.
I use salted butter, I think it helps to cut the sweetness some.
Only a couple brand names for me. I like crisco and I recently started using brand name flour. The only reason for the flour though is because the generics always leak on me.
Hee hee-I wanted to say the same thing, my favorite is mine But I haven't tried anyone else's recipe's, once I got mine down pat hubby told me not to change it, it was perfect!
Here's one of my favorites:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBZ1lMrP43gAbout 10 minutes long but it has some cool stuff in it, a couple of new techniques that I started using myself. Like, taking the spatula from the edge of the cake to the middle, I think it gives me a sharper edge. And at the very end she shows how to VERY quickly pipe a rose right on the cake.
At least try this one before you give up! I found this on the internet a few years ago and have been using it ever since! I've recently read where people replaced the shortening with butter, either done half and half or replaced completely and had great results. I personally have only ever used the shortening because we like it that way and it tastes great-but I will be trying it with butter one of these days I've used whole milk, skim milk, skim milk with half and half...
If it's drying too quickly it's probably not enough liquid or too much meringue powder. I don't have a solution for the color bleeding but I can offer my recipe. I've never either of those problems with mine, it crusts after about 10-15 mins and I've used black frosting on mine and other dark colors without any bleeding, not even after a few days. Are you refrigerating your cake after you frost it?My...
Just wanted to share this with you guys. I saw a recipe for marshmallow bc on Bake Decorate Celebrate and have been waiting to give it a try! Recipe calls for:2 c. butter2 c. pwd sugar2 7 oz. jars marshmallow fluff1/4 tsp. salt2 tsp. vanillaI was pretty sure this wouldn't crust over so I used the hot spatula method to smooth. I left some frosting in the bowl just to be sure and I was right, it did not form any crust. I liked how it smoothed out though, just not sure I...