Posts by jlynnw

MimiFix, I wish I remembered if we had talked.  It is VERY generous of you to share.
Wow!
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I need help.  My 600 KA pro died and is in need of repair.  A dear friend and cake muggle gave me a KA 550 pro plus.  It seems that the beaters, whisk, dough hook are compatible with the 550 as is the bowl.  The bowl seems to be taller above the lift brackets making the distance to the bottom of the bowl the same.  I do not want to damage the KA 550.  Any advice or knowledge you are willing to share?  I would like to do some...
I believe it is a Deco Pac signature cake kit. (Bakery Craft if not)
sizes with servings so when you email the sketch all information is there
Cakes, cupcakes and cookiesfor every day and special occasions
I have done parties like this for my children, and for school events, girl scouts. Not as a business but have done several and found ways around some potential issues as mentioned.I make a cupcake decorating palette on a disposable plate and 2 ounce portion cups. I place the goodies in the cups before I get to the venue and have a selection and LIMIT to 2 - 3 goodies they can have. I put a dollop of icing on the plate or use disposable bags with a simple tip (8 round or...
The problem is only further compounded by the cake shows. Klienfield's at least prices out the brides dresses and budget issues. You see cake shows without the price tags, done in an unrealistic time frame withput reference to the practice or supplies brought in. When did you make a few hundred cupcakes, the display and creative idea in a few hours? Finish a mamoth cake in 8 hours without preparation and flaws? It is just not the KNOT that is the issue, it is overall...
Exactly my point. You have numerous ways to cost out the expenses. The length of time to deliver and set up, tolls, mileage, increased labor are all worth charging more for. Holidays can increase these expenses. It is not just that "I want family time" it is legit expenses. The same is for the expense of a cake. After all, using the same logic as why not to charge more because of it being a holiday falls into not charging more for a fondant cake over a buttercream...
what do you do "simply the best"? Is it gumpaste flowers? Carved cake? Just do simply the best cake that you are the best at. It is a very open theme that makes all cakes fit.