Posts by sweetcravings

lol
Thanks so much for the link to LilaLoa..That's exactly what i was thinking of trying. Good to know it works and saves the step of straining it from the get go.
excellent! Glad to hear it actually will work. ;)
K8 you crack me up! I love your gyroscope idea too.;)  That would be heaven!      KK..I think you may be right on that little filter clogging really quickly.     I will have to give this a try next time I'm doing my cookies and will let you all know my findings.  I'm always trying to simplify and speed up all areas of cookie decorating. If this works I will be thrilled. ;)  I guess i was just hoping someone else tried it before me.hahaha
Hi all, I was just wondering..I've heard of squeezing the royal icing through a stocking to get out the little lumps and crumbs that collect in royal icing but has anyone tried making a sort of 'filter' in the bag?  Lets see if i can explain what i was thinking>>So you would put the coupler in bag, cut a small piece of nylon and put it over top of the opening of the coupler, then put tip on and close coupler? Understand??? Just wondering if this could be done or would you...
There was no mention of an unpaid 'trial' day when I went in for the job. I was just told come back midweek so that they could see how I would do and work with their staff. I worked a full 8hr shift with only a 10min break all day. Nothing of that day was reflected on my pay stub. I can see how they may not pay me if i didn't work out, but i got the job.  I would think it would be in good faith they would  pay me seeing that i clearly did my job, so much so that i was...
Just curious. I had a trial day at a new shop in town and I believed I did a really good job at what they were asking of me. I got the job but when i looked on pay stub, no pay for that day. What's up with that? Do I ask about it next time I go in or let it go? 
Anyone??? I wish i had a few extra peices to try it out ahead of time but i don't.
I'm making a cake with several gumpaste pieces (paintbrushes, cups etc..) I painted the color on them with food color paste mixed with vodka. If i place these on a white buttercream iced cake the night before delivery will the colors bleed on the buttercream? Some of the colors are very dark (black, purple, blue). Thoughts anyone?
I know right! I thought it was brillant! Looks like it would take all the headache out of cutting those foamcore boards. You could cut out a bunch of shapes and sizes in no time. If you purchase it please let us know what you think.