Posts by KeltoKel

This is my first time. I don't know how formal this is or what to expect. It is at a church so I expect it is going to be pretty low key. Anyone been to this before or going tonight?http://calendar.lancasteronline.com/lancaster-pa/events/show/201095945-cupcake-camp
yeah, big red flag that she was waiting for new credit cards to arrive in the mail. That tells you right there she didn't have the money in the first place. Don't be so hard on yourself. I would also call the venue just to clear your reputation, but stand firm with the MOB. She knows darn well she didn't pay you, don't let her take you for a fool!And if you want to use Paypal for your business, go ahead. I am sure you have not had any other problems in the past with it....
I am sorry your employees are being so difficult. I definitely think you need a middle person here, like a manager. Do you like the other two girls as decorators?Can I ask you a question? (I am playing a bit of devils advocate here) What would your employees say about you as a boss? Do they feel your tone is demeaning or are you a micromanager? My point is that not everyone is great at managing employees and we all have our personality flaws. I am thinking you already feel...
Also, as for reviews - Cako's has 3 1/2 stars on YELP and Kara's has 4 star (out of 5 total). Wouldn't say Cako's is "really low."
The icing was smooth and you could taste the butter in it. Very rich.Also tried Kara's cupcakes. Had some kind of dark chocolate one and a lemon one. Both were good. Kara's icing was more stiff and her chocolate was like a ganach. It had a rich, deep, chocolate taste. Can't say that Kara's was any better than Cako's. Enjoyed them both just the same. Have to say that the salted caramel from Cako's is the one that sticks out in my mind. Kara's chocolate cupcake also had a...
Tried a chocolate with salted caramel icing from Cako last night. It was very good. Their icing is like butter, literally.
Thanks so much, Jen. We will be staying at the Hilton near the wharf so we will be right in the action. Good luck with the baby!
Great tips, thanks!
I am sure there are some wonderful bakeries. Can anyone recommend a "must stop" spot in San Francisco for cupcakes or cakes? Thanks!
I have worked at universities and even a community college and all they have to do is submit a check request so that the accounting can cut you a check the day you arrive with the cake. It really isn't that hard.I agree, you need to turn it around and say that people paying for the concert don't pay 2 weeks after the concert.I tell people payment is expected when services are rendered.Heaven for bid they try to say your cake was dry or that they didn't like it and then you...