New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by southaustingirl

I don't live in west Texas anymore but I was born and raised in Monahans......GO LOBOES!!!
The injection method seems less time consuming than filling and stacking layers of cake.....kinda like when filling a cupcake.Thanks for all the tips!!!!I have not heard back from my potential customer so I may not get the opportunity to make these just yet. And if I do, based on the instructions, I definitely undercharged!!! $2.50 per petit four, decorated with a little bow (like a wrapped gift).
Any feedback/advice/instruction will be greatly appreciated!!!How do you ice your petit fours? With poured fondant? Do you use RBC? Are petit fours supposed to have a filling?
I recently attended a class that was sponsored by a local non-profit about starting a food business where I live (Austin, Texas). It was very informative. We heard from people that have been thru the process of becoming legal and what obstacles they faced, the biggest one being working with city/county employees who don't know their own rules!! HAHAAAnyway, for me to be legal it would cost around $600. This is the cost of permits, inspections and food manager's classes. I...
Awwwwww, what a cutie!
I have also thought about building a small 'shed' in the back yard and using that as my kitchen.........with all the required elements, of course. We don't have an HOA to worry about so that is good. BUt hubby also wants to build a 'shed' for himself so I doubt we could have 2 (we wouldn't have the room) and there is no way we would convert the garage into a kitchen. We have toooo much crap to store!!If you live in Travis County, go to the county clerk's office on Airport...
Thanks for the links..........I'll do some research
If you are advertising your cakes please be sure that you can legally have a home baking business. All states/couties/cities are different and this may not be allowed. You don't want to get a call from the health inspector!! If all is well, then I think making cake dummies is an excellent idea. And then start talking pics of everything you make!Good Luck
I'll try again to post my question....ugh! Does anyone sell their product nationally, either via internet, mail, phone or fax? If so, what type of permitting/license is required. For example, let's say someone in another state comes across your website and wants to order a cookie bouquet....and you ship their order to them.Is there somekind of US permit for this? If so, how do you get it?
The recipe I use for RI uses meringue powder instead of egg whites. I am sure there is a recipe on this site that you can use. I don't have my recipe memorized........will need to look it up and then post it.
New Posts  All Forums: