Posts by southaustingirl

I think the easiet thing to do is contact your current insurance agent and ask him/her about catering insurance. I'm sure they would be able to steer you in the right direction
You should freeze cookies that are not iced or decorated.
Sec. 437.0194. SALES BY COTTAGE FOOD PRODUCTION OPERATIONS THROUGH THE INTERNET PROHIBITED. A cottage food production operation may not sell any of the foods described in Section 437.001(2-b)(A) through the Internet. So this mean that we cannot take orders via a website? A customer has to either order by phone or face to face?Sec. 437.0193. LABELING REQUIREMENTS FOR COTTAGE FOOD PRODUCTION OPERATIONS. The executive commissioner shall adopt rules...
My friend is the groom's mom and she offered to get the groom's cake 'because they have to have a groom's cake". I don't think the bride or groom initially wanted or cared about the groom's cake. My friend is on a budget so I don;t think she needs to order a cake that will feed 75 people........since the wedding cake (cupcake tower with a topper) will serve the anticipated 150 guests. I think a grooms cake that will serve 50 should be more than plenty and will save her money.
Is there some unwritten rule about how "big" the grooms cake can be? A friend called, asking about a grooms cake and thought it was meant to serve 1/2 the number of guests (in additional to the wedding cake). So if someone is expecting 150 people so they have a wedding cake with 150 servings? Or a wedding with 75 servings and a grooms cake with 75 servings........or does it even matter!
thanks for the tips! I learned to bake the 'cup' cakes longer than I did and not to fill the cups up so much!!I had thought about uisng differnt size circles but I could only find a large size and a small size circle in my collection.
I am not a very skilled cake carver but needed to make a cake in the form of a coffee cup. So I was thinking of just baking the cake in a ceramic mug. The mug is about the size of a standard paper coffee cup, like you get at Starbucks. Will the cake bake evenly? Do I need to adjust te temp? THANKS!
Is all flour created equal? I was just wondering if there really is a difference between all the brands of flour.......not types of flour like self-rising, all purpose, etc..... but brand of flour.
Each State, county, city has different rules. Your best bet is to contact the health depart and find out what they require.
Thanks!