Posts by chocomama

Thank you! And, yes, it is supposed to be very sweet and rich.
I posted this in the recipe section, but hardly anyone goes there, it seems! I need help!I have never used a recipe for icing that included eggs, but to make what I need, I'm going to have to do so. These are the ingredients: 3 cups sugar, divided 3/4 cup milk 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces 1 pinch salt Part of the recipe states," Cook entire mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until candy thermometer registers 235*...
I have never used a recipe for icing that included eggs, but to make what I need, I'm going to have to do so. These are the ingredient:3 cups sugar, divided 3/4 cup milk 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces 1 pinch salt Part of the recipe states," Cook entire mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until candy thermometer registers 235* (about 15-20 minutes)." Now, if I do this properly, will that mean that the egg is to a temp...
I have and there are just so many versions out there that I thought asking here would be best so I could get information on taste, etc.
I have a request for this cake + caramel icing/filling. Does anyone know of a good recipe??
You can get premade "sleeves" of filling at cake shops. They usually have various cremes or fruit flavors. They're sort of triangular in shape and all you have to do is make a cut on one tip and fill your cake.I have made fruit fillings using frozen (then thawed) berries, cornstarch and sugar and thickening it on the stove. No leakage as long as you do a barrier around the cake before you fill.
Does anyone know how long Wilton's BC recipe (w/shortening only) will stay usable if refrigerated?
That made me tear up! I hate to think about it!
I have used 2 nine inch cakes for mine.
How would I adhere the wings to the body so they won't slide off? I have to deliver to the client and then she has to drive the cake about 30 minutes away so I need them to stay put!