Posts by bikegal

I love the little chefs/construction workers. How fun!
JennT, you can contact godaddy and make a bid right now for it. I'll pay X amount if this person doesn't renew to get that domain. Essentially, it puts you first in line for it. I just snagged a domain I was waiting for because they people never bothered to renew. HTH!
I'm not sure if you have a scale or not but for a 16 inch round you'll need approximately 6 lb. 4 oz. and for a square cake you'll need 6 lb. 10 oz. These are amounts for 1/4" thick fondant. This was in the book Spectacular Cakes by Mich Turner. HTH!
dky, there's a supply store called Pacific Coast Products, 1050 26th Street, San Francisco 94107 that's not too far from your sister. Not sure if she has a rental car or not. Here's the phone number (415) 647-2700 so she doesn't make a wasted trip if they don't carry Americolor or the cupcake holder. There's also a Michael's Craft Store located on 3991 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. Phone number is (510) 658-4830 if your sister wants to call to make sure they have...
This strawberry tree from Paula Deen might give you some ideas. Or at least give you the mechanics of achieving the pyramid look you're after. Goodluck!http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_30871,00.html
loriesmom, I just went live 4 weeks ago with my baking supply online shop. It's a lot of fun shopping for products for your customers. The difficult part is not buying one of everything for yourself. It's a lot of work but very rewarding. I was praying for just two orders in our first month but I'm shocked at the amount of orders we've received so far. I eventually want a store front but that will have to wait until next year. Some advice for you is to have all your...
I love the big sturdy copper ones. They are a bit pricey but they don't bend out of shape easily or rust. The plastic ones are good for Playdoh! Just my opinion.
I love gnomes! He looks fantastic! I have two of my own in the garden. Your mom is going to be thrilled.
jen1977, I've had the Sells dipped in chocolate. Talk about cardiac arrest! My husband grew up in Dayton so we come back to visit about once a month. We're just a 4 hour drive away. I love Godiva myself but I won't turn away a box of Ester Price. I just can't say no to chocolate.
jen1977, can you send me a Marion's pizza? PLEASE! And I'll take some Mike Sells too! Don't forget to register your domain name, just in case you need or want a website in the future.