Posts by Carson

I like using candy melts for covering my cookies. I melt them in a piping bag in the microwave and cover them. It also dries really fast and I like the taste on sugar cookies.
I need some advice! I need to know what would be the best way to get a background on a cake that looks like dark clouds (see picture) It'll be a fondant covered cake and I don't have a air brush! This is going to be a big project for me for some "important" people so I want it to look outstanding!
Rule of thumb...if you have to ask if its a scam then it usually is.
One thing that I only changed recently was using a crusting buttercream and allowing it to crust before putting the fondant on. I have to spray it with a mist of water to get the fondant to stick - but it sits so much cleaner/smooth/crisp than when I put the fondant on right away. I guess its the same idea as freezing the cake.I am sure many people already knew this, but it literally took me 2 years to change my ways...and it happened purely by accident! Its just one small...
Would this have to be refridgerated? I've only used preserves because most of my cakes sit out...I've always wanted to try fresh though!
Would this have to be refridgerated? I've only used preserves because most of my cakes sit out...I've always wanted to try fresh though!
Yes, $10 Canadian for a 8x11 sheet. If I need smaller pics I just print off a page full of them and cut the pics out of the EI paper. So if I need 6 smallest pics I just put them on 1 sheet. I think printing them would make them look more professional unless you have perfect icing handwriting - which I DO NOT!
I take mine to my local grocery store (with bakery). They charge me $10 a sheet and will just print it off for me. You could try that...?
This weather is horrible!! Where is spring?? Shorts and T-shirts one day, parkas the next!
This is my first time posting...all I'm working on is a smaller 2 tier cake for some very good friend's wedding tomorrow! I spent the day at work, supper and evening at a bbq hosted by the wedding couple. I didn't get started on this cake until so late and (stupidly) tried a different recipe for mmf and it is not working out!!! All I could do is get the cake "good enough". I am exhausted and can't keep my eyes open anymore - thinking I will go to bed and finish tomorrow.