Posts by Carriemyvoice

Okay, I get that I can use it as a filling and under fondant but can I use it just like a BC or instead of BC without covering it in fondant? Will it have a BC texture?
Will someone please explain to me the difference between Crisco and a high ratio shortening? What is the best to use for a butter cream icing that will be outdoors in August? Where do I get the hight ratio if I need it?Thanks A Bunch
I have a Nissan Pathfinder and wish it were bigger. It is usually me and my daughter in her car seat and on the weekends my DH but when it comes to room in the back with a stroller It leaves very little room for grocery shopping and especially traveling. The seats lay down but with the car seat I can't do it that way so that is why it makes it so hard. It does seat 7 if the car seat is not there but that won't be for a long time. Maybe soom I will get the Armada. I love...
This is a great topic! It is fun to see what everyone does for a living. I work in accounting at a steel distribution company. When our baby is born I will be a stay at home mom. I hope to open my own business too. I really want to open a diner and serve lunch Monday -Friday. Southern Home cooking and of course cakes.With all this morning sickness, cake just turns my tummy to even think about it. I did my best friends baby shower cake last week, and it was all I...
Congratulations! ! That is great! I know when I got my first order I was excited and very nervous. I want everyone to like the cakes I make. ( I know we all do, RIGHT!) Can't wait to see it!
Hi everyone!I am so greatful for all of the support. You all are great. I still just can't get over it, ME pregnant. I know it will sink in soon enough. I do not know where to start or what I need to be doing right now. I know I have almost nine months but it will be here before I know it. I would like to know where to get the "girlfriends guide to pregnancy" book.It sounds interesting. I need all the help I can get.You just have to know me, but I am the baby in my...
chixbaby27: I am seeing Dr. Peek and Polly his midwife. I prefer a midwife over the Doc. My sister has had 4 and one on the way. She has used a midwife with everyone and would do it no other way. They just take more time and stay with you through it all.I hope I don't have to make my own cake. My shower will be in Dalton about an hour away. There is a great cake lady there.
Thanks so much for all the congratulations. I will definately have to get that book. I have the Mayo clinic book for pregnancy adn the babies first year. I just have not had the chance to read it. I go for my first Doctors visit Friday. I am sure I will be calling on all of you mom's for advise. I will keep everyone posted.NewbieinGA, I am from Rome.
Thanks so very much for thinking of me! I am excited to try them. They sound delicious!
This has nothing to do with cakes, except that I might be craving them a lot in the next nine months. I am very excited and proud to announce that I am pregnant. I am in such shock, but just had to tell everyone!This is my first and I have no idea what to do or what to expect.Anyway I just thought I would share it with my cake decorating family.Please keep me in your prayers as my husband and I take this 9 month journey.Wishing you all lots of happy days with great...