Posts by taygetta

The reason I asked is I use a cake release that I got off here. 1 cup flour, 1 cup veggie oil, 1 cup shortening. Whisk flour and oil together then incorporate the shortening. I usually have to zap it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it to come together. The best thing since sliced bread!!! I would love to thank who ever originally posted it. My cakes JUMP out of the pan practically! HTH!
Have you exhausted all the stores that teach Course 3? Being in CA you might have more options. Try a local cake supply store. I am a Wilton Instructor in Ohio and I know if I have a student who would like to take the class but can't seem to make the schedule work I offer that if they can find 3 other friends to meet my minimum students that I can teach the class at any time and date that the classroom is available. Meaning ask around. Just because the instructor doesn't...
This might be a tad off topic you say your cakes are sticking really bad in your 6X2 what are you using to grease it?
Awesome!!! I teach at the Huber Heights Hobby Lobby. The courses are a great jumping point for a beginner! Have fun!
These are great! If you have a Disney store in your area it's even better! Certain times a year they go on major sale...like $5 a set and you can stock up. I used to work at The Disney Store and it was all I could do not to buy one of each set just to have on hand. You can get them in just about any of the Disney movie characters. HTH!http://www.disneystore.com/toys-disney-princess-figurine-play-set-8-pc/p/1247676/13933/Deanna
Ashlynn where in Ohio are you taking your classes?
Thanks Cindy and Gemini. I have a rough idea of what I need to do just wanted to draw on all the experience of the group. Gemini when I actually do it I will let you know how it goes!
Thanks Cindy and Gemini. I have a rough idea of what I need to do just wanted to draw on all the experience of the group. Gemini when I actually do it I will let you know how it goes!
Yes but on the top of the cake which becomes the bottom of your cake. If that makes any sense!
I am a Hobby Lobby Wilton Method instructor who just had someone (my hair lady who is an awesome lady and is in the process of taking my classes) want to set up a Cookie Party. The Cookie class isn't offered at Hobby Lobby so it would be done at her home. She wants to get together with a bunch of her friends and learn to decorate cookie pops and do up bouquets. Which I think will be absolutely fun but I am unsure how to handle the technicalities of it. I most likely would...