Posts by Relznik

Seriously?  89 posts since I last popped in!!!!   My head is going to explode after sitting in a Yr 11 parent's info meeting this evening, so forgive me if I forget anyone or anything!   Sorry to all those with tooth problems!!!  I really like my dentist.  Small world...  I'd been going to see him for years - turns out his mother-in-law and my (now) mother-in-law have been best friends for over 60 years!!!!!  So my dentist was at my wedding! LOL!    Someone asked...
I'd use my usual cake recipe, just omitting the alcohol.....  (sorry, I know I'm not Kelsey, but thought I'd put my two penneth worth it!)
Hello and welcome!!  Lovely cake! x  Happy birthday, Loubee!!    It was very nice, thank you!  Dad's wife loved her cake... always a worry when they've had no design input! Yes, isn't Oven Pride wonderful stuff? At the risk of sounding like an advert, it really is as good as it says it is!!!  Which part of Herts?  I'm round the M25 a bit in Es*** (Ilford).  I often go to London Colney, to the big M&S / Sainsburys.  And my sons have friends who live in Shenley, Bushey,...
Here's the cake....  dreadful light now, so not a good pic.  I've specially left room at the top for the fugly candles!!  I didn't feel it was necessary to put 70th in the inscription, seeing as they have the candles.  
Grrr.... just typed out a long post and then it disappeared!!   Here's this weekend's cake, that was collected this morning.  Wasn't sure I was going to be able to 'let it go....'   Two characters on the board are mini figures provided by the customer, but the snowman was hand-modelled.  I usually HATE making models, but I have to say this was so easy!  I watched a quick Youtube video and then went for it!  You can't see on the photo, but I used Squires 'sparkles' lustre...
I promise you, they will be absolutely over the moon with it. You KNOW that we cake makers are our own harshest critics.  But look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.  Don't look for imperfections....  look at the overall cake and it's fabulous.  It may not have gone as you had planned - but you have still produced a fantastic cake.  Honestly.
Don't you hate it when you're looking at something and you accidentally click on the 'buy it now' and 'confirmation' buttons and then accidentally log onto Paypal to accidentally make payment?
Sad to hear so many people are poorly!  And quite a few of my FB friends have various lurgies, too.   I wish everyone better!!!       Due to a diary malfunction (ie I thought it started at 11am, but it actually started at 10am and I was still in my PJs) I didn't get to 20-20-20 class today.  If I'm honest, could prob do with a rest from it today.  AND have a lot of cake stuff to do. And I'm tired.  So, so tired.
I click in the box, where the quote is, and just delete what I don't want!!    Right.  Here's what I've got so far...  LOL!!  I'll peel back the sugarpaste around the character, so it looks like he's bursting out of the cake...  But I don't *really* want to go down the route of making Monopoly cards to go around the sides of the tiers.  It's too 'obvious'. Suggestions, folks??? 
I will be... once I've decided what!  I want to start soaking fruit soon, but I'm not even sure if I'm doing a round or square!  I feel probably a square one, as my elder son had round!  Plus, as the party theme is Monopoly, that lends itself more to a square cake!  The bottom tier will be fruit and then any more tiers will be dummies!  I'm not working on cake the day before the BM!!!!  :D I don't want a "full-on" themed cake.  But it DOES need a nod to the party theme. ...