New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Relznik

Thank you. x
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your great niece.   The link below was a cake under the exact same circumstances.  My friend lost her baby when she was only 18 days old.  She wanted to mark her first birthday with a cake, so this is what I made for her...  no words except the name.    It's pretty, but slightly understated (compared to many 1st birthday...
I haven't had their cake, but from your description, it could well be a 'mud cake'.
I don't... there are so many variables; they may want larger or smaller than pictured; they may want a fruit cake instead of sponge; yes, other cake makers may well undercut you; and you would have to remember to update prices from time-to-time.I have a 'prices from' to give a rough idea (so if they're looking for a cake for £25, they know I'm not the cake maker for them!)
I have an Agbay and cannot imagine my (cake) life without it!!There isn't a UK supplier, but if you contact them (I think it's Maureen?) they do ship here.I've had mine for years and years - before the double bladed one was around. They are so quick and easy to use, that even if I needed to replace mine in the future, I wouldn't bother with the double bladed one.HTHSuzanne x
Try this recipe:125g butter125g caster sugar1tsp vanilla extract2 medium eggs, beaten125g self raising flour, sifted2 tbs milkCream the butter and sugar together until really light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Mix in the eggs, a little at a time. If/when mixture starts to curdle, add a tablespoon of the flour. Continue adding eggs until all used up. Add flour gradually. Add milk.Place into cupcake cases and bake at 150c until light golden colour (prob around 20/22...
I don't know what bubble straws are - not something I've heard of in the UK.We have the option of wooden or plastic dowels. My preference is wooden as they're easier to cut and less likely to bow. I've never had a cake collapse on me.When I cut the wooden dowels, if there are straggly edges, I just smooth them off with an emery board nail file, that I keep only for that purpose. Then wipe it clean to remove the dust.Suzanne x
When I speak with a customer on the phone, or communicate via email, I do say that I take all their details to send out an order form which I ask them to check, sign and return to me with their deposit so that I can then confirm their order.
Red and green make brown.Good luck! x
New Posts  All Forums: