Posts by Relznik

Can anyone offer some advice re airbrushes? I have one... I bought it second hand from a cake-acquaintance. I presume the quality is more to do with the brush-end of things rather than the generator? I confess I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with it... but the finish it gives is SOOOO splattery. Rather than a lovely even finish (no matter how close or far I am) it spatters. Any ideas? I don't know what air-brush gun bit it is, but perhaps I should invest in a new...
Erm...  I've missed that one.  LOL!  Have you ANY IDEA how many pages I've missed whilst I've been AWOL, having my melt-down?
Oh for heaven's sake.   I bought an FPC seashell mould last week.  It was delivered.  But can I find the blerdy thing???????   I've emptied the drawer where I would have/should have put it and it's not there.  I'm at a loss and I NEED it!!!!!!   2 weeks 4 days until my son's Bar Mitzvah....  I still haven't got an evening dress I love (I have one I don't hate, but I don't love it...  If I find anything else I'll send it back, but at least I've got it in...
Gray - that's a gorgeous cake!!!!     We didn't get the strip light.   We bought a fitting with different type of bulbs.  Still low energy, but they look more like a normal bulb, not look like a spot light that has the narrowest beam of light!   It's still not as nice as 'normal' lights, but I suppose I can live with these.  If I have to.
On our way to B&Q to buy a fluorescent strip light! It can't be any worse than the GU10/LED lights we've tried... I just cannot live with those!!
I swear that if my husband doesn't stop being so pig-headed, it's gonna end in the bloody divorce court!   We had to get a new kitchen light fitting.  Had I realised that all that seems to be available are those HIDEOUS GU10 bulbs, I'd have kept with the old fitting that was almost melting and kept blowing bulbs!   I don't care how ****ing energy efficient the new bulbs are (currently have LED bulbs in there) I HATE the light they give off.  I mean, HATE IT.  I feel it...
OMG!  HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of messages since I've been AWOL!   I just wanted to pop in and say 'hi'...  hope everyone is well.    Will try and pop in more often - even if I don't have a chance to reply.   Made a chocolate biscuit cake for the first time ever yesterday (only, I bunged in a load of extra bits - Maltesers, mini marshmallows and glacé cherries, so it's probably more like a rocky road?)    It's NOT cheap compared to a sponge (this 10" round has almost...
Hi   Sorry been a bit quiet - I'm currently alternating between sheer hysteria and just burying my head in the sand.  1001 things to do and my list seems to be growing instead of decreasing!   Anyway...  I hope someone can help... I seem to be able to find every shape of cookie cutter under the sun - except for a decent sized rectangle!!!!!! I've found one on eBay, but it's much too small (aprox 5cm x 3.5cm) I need one that's a good 3.5" tall x 2.5" wide. Not exactly...
I used several coats of confectioners glaze on mine....  It does dry completely....  leave each coat to dry before applying the next.      
You should get about 20 portions from a 7" square, less a couple that you discard when making the number 1.