Posts by Relznik

Kathy - here you go!                
Sorry I've almost missed it, but Happy Birthday Kuuushi!!  Sounds like you had a lovely day!  Love the new hair cut!  Very chic!   Welcome back from your holiday, Kathy.  So, BSG tomorrow night?   LOL!!!  I promise it'll be on this month! (well, that's what they told me, anyway.)   Love the piggies in mud cake!  No wonder the winner loved it!!   I know I've missed some posts - I'm sorry.  I'm not ignoring you, but I've only managed to dip in and out this...
Thank you, Roxy.  The bus cake is just SOOO plain.  I even though about cutting out some hearts and sticking them on or something.  But that won't go.  Maybe I'm so used to spending untold hours of my life on a cake, that a quick edible image cake that didn't take long doesn't feel right?  I just feel it's lacking something, but I can't think what!!!
Cake baked and cooling.   Elder son decides he wants to make pancakes for breakfast....  so naturally I ended up doing it!   Here's my friend's cake that I hate!  It is what it is, though.  A cake with an edible image of a bus - that I superimposed his daughters onto!!!  LOL!  I didn't have time to ice the board, even.  That's a cardinal sin as far as I'm concerned!!!!  
Urgh! It's 1.30am and I'm calling it a night.   Today's creepie crawlie pool party cake was collected.  Customer - and more importantly - the birthday boy seemed very happy.  I realised just before they collected it that I forgot to do the ladder into the pool.  And I wish I'd done a beach ball in the water and/or life ring at the side.  However, from initially collecting on Saturday it changed to 6pm on Friday.  And then she called to say could it be ready for 4pm?  So...
Oh no!  I didn't take it as criticism at all.  I wish I could be a bit more disciplined so that I don't work all these stupid hours.  I'm a very slow worker and very easily distracted (I'm just having some soup for lunch and eating at the computer which is why I'm on here now). If I had another job, there is absolutely no way on earth I could work like this!!!! To be honest, kids cakes take just as long as wedding cakes, yet I usually get less than a third of the money!  I...
  The chicken drum stick was Rice Krispie Treat and the coating is crushed ginger nut biscuits.  The fries are cookies.  I rolled my cookie dough to the rough size and shape of a potato then chilled - then with a knife cut to chip shapes and baked!
2.30am finish for me.  Had an awful day, just not managing to properly get started for one reason or another.  Then I did my famous ostrich with its head in the sand routine - was dreading doing various bits on the cake, so I did NOTHING. Still need to finish it off. As well as finishing that cake in time for 6pm collection, I have a 10" cake baked, that I need to fill, cover and decorate (preferably before bed tonight!!).  That's a freebie for a good friend, so I'm just...
I have no idea who that is...  off to Google him now! I'm back.  Well....  he does absolutely nothing for me, either! LOL!!!!   My celebrity crush is Alex O'Loughlinn! http://fyeahalexoloughlin.tumblr.com/  
Ooh - I forgot to tell you earlier...   ...  whilst our 'brushes with celebrity' were being shared.....  I'm sort of, but not really, almost related to my childhood idol!   I was the biggest fan of the 80s series Kids From Fame.  I cannot tell you how much I loved it.  Lived and breathed it.  And I loved the character Doris Schwartz - played by Valerie Landsburg.   Well (you'll need to concentrate for this)....    My aunt by marriage (ie my mum's brother's wife -...