Posts by Relznik

Ooh - I forgot to tell you earlier...   ...  whilst our 'brushes with celebrity' were being shared.....  I'm sort of, but not really, almost related to my childhood idol!   I was the biggest fan of the 80s series Kids From Fame.  I cannot tell you how much I loved it.  Lived and breathed it.  And I loved the character Doris Schwartz - played by Valerie Landsburg.   Well (you'll need to concentrate for this)....    My aunt by marriage (ie my mum's brother's wife -...
I've read that, but I've also read that too many dowels can also make it unstable. There is no way on earth I would use that many dowels for a 6" tier.  I'd use 4. In fact, for the bottom tier of Tuesday's wedding cake, I used 5 (albeit the hollow dowels.  But even with normal dowels, I'd only have used that many!!) In fact I don't think I've used more than 5 or 6 in a tier - and that would have been a BIG bottom tier of a wedding cake.
Sleep is for wimps, right?   I thought my week wouldn't be too hectic.   I had yesterday's wedding cake and a swimming pool cake for Saturday booked in.   Saturday's customer now wants to pick up at 6pm on Friday.  I forgot I promised a friend a cake (and it'll be a freebie - he helps us out A LOT with our cars...  I'm only going to plonk an edible image on it!)  and yesterday I took an order for a Christening cake for Sunday. What's that word I need to learn? ...
Wow!  It's beautiful.  And that would take me days, not hours.  And even after days it wouldn't look half as good!!!!
Here you go...    http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3281847/a/3510734/a-design-ive-done-a-couple-of-times-before-but-this-time-with-a-topper-supplied-by-the-customer-4-tiers-of-red-velvet-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting-covered-with-marzipan-and-sugarpaste-and-decorated-with-piped-royal-icing-pearls-and-hand-made/
Afternoon!   Have managed to glimpse through the gazillion messages, LOL!!    Wow, wow, wow...  Lizzybug I LOVE the wedding cake!  It's stunning and perfectly done!!   Marvel - what a fab reaction to your tattoo from Hugh Jackman!!!  Bet you were walking on air afterwards!   Kuuushi - your shoe and bow are looking fabulous!  May I ask where you got the former from?  What sort of size shoe does it make (would it fit on a 6" cake do you think?)   I'm just back from...
I have chills just thinking about what happened to my shoe. Someone suggested transporting it, well protected, on it's side, not standing up....
I've been away for 2 nights.  136 new messages (you'd think we were on Mars..  honestly, how do people LIVE with no internet service on their phones???)   Anyway, hope everyone is well and have been behaving.   What have I missed?
Tiddy - I didn't see the cake, but I'm so sorry to read you binned it.   Mel - that's a really, really beautiful cake and SOOOO neat and such clean lines!  I love it.       I did make a cake to take with and she loved it!  She kept saying how long it must have taken and so it seemed rude to say it was the quickest one I could think of, LOL!  And that was despite me telling her I *didn't* make the cigarellos myself!   Here's the cake I made yesterday for collection...