Posts by Relznik

Love the cake, Marvel!! x
I had a disaster delivering today's cake.       After photographing, I removed the shoe as I thought it would be safer to transport separately. There is a cocktail stick in the heel for support, so I put the shoe on some polystyrene and transported it off the cake. When I got to the house, I discovered the shoe had completely broken. Virtually in tears, I took the cake in and explained what had happened and explained that I had an 'emergency repair kit' and could I...
I love that you've correctly used an apostrophe.  Sorry, I'll go now.
Morning!!   I need to iron the fabric I use as a backdrop and then photograph the cake.  I told the customer I'd deliver the cake between 3pm-4pm, but I'm tempted to see if I can do it about 11-ish instead...  once they're done, I don't like them hanging around, LOL!  I don't want the responsibility for them any more!!!  I've also decided to ask if it's OK for me to come in and put the shoe in place, rather than transporting it on the cake.   Nothing else planned for...
How about a cocktail stick instead of spaghetti?  Practically same thickness - and they're food use, so OK to use in a cake!   I've done this a few times.   Suzanne x
Sorry for being thick - but what's GOT cake?
Congratulations!!!!!!
Yes - it's in the church on the corner of The Drive and The Eastern Avenue (well, it was when I went a few years ago). I actually go to the one in Romford, though.  The Redbridge one meets on a Saturday which just isn't convenient for me.  Romford meets the 2nd Monday of the month (ie this coming Monday).  I'm hoping to go, as their demo is carving a car cake.  I DON'T DO car cakes, so I'm hoping this may give me some confidence to try.  Let me know if you fancy it and...
LOL - 140 messages since I last popped in.  Forgive me for not reading them... I only popped in to say 'hi' and to ask for a cyber kick up the backside!     Does anyone else do the same as me?  When I have something I'm not 100% sure about doing or maybe dreading a bit - then instead of getting on with it and giving myself lots of time to re-do it if I make mistakes, I put it off and put if off...  And so I end up going to bed at stupid o'clock because of my...