Posts by Relznik

Gray - that's a gorgeous cake!!!!     We didn't get the strip light.   We bought a fitting with different type of bulbs.  Still low energy, but they look more like a normal bulb, not look like a spot light that has the narrowest beam of light!   It's still not as nice as 'normal' lights, but I suppose I can live with these.  If I have to.
On our way to B&Q to buy a fluorescent strip light! It can't be any worse than the GU10/LED lights we've tried... I just cannot live with those!!
I swear that if my husband doesn't stop being so pig-headed, it's gonna end in the bloody divorce court!   We had to get a new kitchen light fitting.  Had I realised that all that seems to be available are those HIDEOUS GU10 bulbs, I'd have kept with the old fitting that was almost melting and kept blowing bulbs!   I don't care how ****ing energy efficient the new bulbs are (currently have LED bulbs in there) I HATE the light they give off.  I mean, HATE IT.  I feel it...
OMG!  HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of messages since I've been AWOL!   I just wanted to pop in and say 'hi'...  hope everyone is well.    Will try and pop in more often - even if I don't have a chance to reply.   Made a chocolate biscuit cake for the first time ever yesterday (only, I bunged in a load of extra bits - Maltesers, mini marshmallows and glacé cherries, so it's probably more like a rocky road?)    It's NOT cheap compared to a sponge (this 10" round has almost...
Hi   Sorry been a bit quiet - I'm currently alternating between sheer hysteria and just burying my head in the sand.  1001 things to do and my list seems to be growing instead of decreasing!   Anyway...  I hope someone can help... I seem to be able to find every shape of cookie cutter under the sun - except for a decent sized rectangle!!!!!! I've found one on eBay, but it's much too small (aprox 5cm x 3.5cm) I need one that's a good 3.5" tall x 2.5" wide. Not exactly...
I used several coats of confectioners glaze on mine....  It does dry completely....  leave each coat to dry before applying the next.      
You should get about 20 portions from a 7" square, less a couple that you discard when making the number 1.
I'm sulking.   Not going to CI this year.     So, I wasn't doing any cake orders until after Christmas, but a friend phoned me to say she'd had to go into hospital for a minor op but was rushed from there (Roding, Kathy!) to A&E  as she woke from operation vomiting blood!  As such, she had to stay in longer and feels really unwell and could I take over a cake order she has for this weekend?  Can hardly say no, can I?  Ironically, the customer had contacted me and I...
Gosh, I've never quoted for pieces of cake 2" x 3"...  a standard 'party portions' is 2" x 1".  Here's what I do to get a number 1 from a square, with virtually no waste....  As this is an 8" square, you'll get around 30 portions from this! 
I'd hoped to go, but maybe next year.  No pennies to spend there this year.