Posts by Relznik

Sorry, Maisie...  missed this when I posted just now. No.  LOL!!!  See above!
Slowly, Mel!! This morning, I had a hair appt (gotta cover that grey!!) and then once I'd got back and made my son lunch (he was poorly - got sent home from school....  nearly had to trek up to north London to get him from school, but turns out another girl who lives a couple of roads away was going home, too...  so Student Support Manager asked if there was any chance her mother would drop Daniel home, too! LOL!) it was getting on a bit!  I baked the egg-free cutting cake...
Once the surfboard was completely set, I turned it over and attached a wire (usually, my 'glue' of choice for this is royal icing, but as the recipient has an egg allergy I used Candy Melts).  I put a decent amount on the back and then settled the wire into it.  Once dry, I glued a piece of sugarpaste over it to make it look neater (and to doubly secure it).  As the top tier of the cake is a dummy, I'm not concerned about sticking a wire in it.  If it had been a real cake,...
I haven't been brave enough to put the surfboard on the cake yet!  I will later, though...  want to make a palm tree to go on the top tier, too, so will position them both at the same time. Nope, no seashells will adorn this cake!    It's not so much the £10 a paid for the mould, it's the fact that my friend's son specifically mentioned how much he liked them when he saw them on another cake.  I honestly think that it's been accidentally thrown away...  either hubby or the...
That moment you realise that you should have made a hole in the dummy top tier BEFORE the entire cake was assembled and fully decorated.... Need to attach something to the back of a gumpaste surfboad then stick it in the 'cake' (so the surfboard stands straight on the top!!! B*gger!)   *sigh*
He's cute and you instantly know what he is!!!    
If you could all say a little prayer to the cake gods or have a word with the cake fairies to help me find the brand new, still in its packet sea shell mould that was delivered last week, I'd be ever so grateful.   I've looked.   Hubby's looked.   I'm now starting to wonder whether it may have been thrown away (in the envelope it was delivered it)...  when my boys help to 'tidy' if it's not 110% obvious what it is or where it goes, there's the risk they bin it.  I'd...
Thanks, ladies.   I have absolutely no idea what make they are...  the box for the compressor doesn't even have a make!!  There's a model number - I'll see what I can find if I Google it...   This looks like it (without the manufacturer name on the side)   http://www.airbrushsupplyonline.com/compressors/min-baby-elephant-airbrush-compressor-as-16-oil-free   So not the most expensive of models, LOL!  No idea at all what the airbrush/gun bit is, though.  I'll take it...
Can anyone offer some advice re airbrushes? I have one... I bought it second hand from a cake-acquaintance. I presume the quality is more to do with the brush-end of things rather than the generator? I confess I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with it... but the finish it gives is SOOOO splattery. Rather than a lovely even finish (no matter how close or far I am) it spatters. Any ideas? I don't know what air-brush gun bit it is, but perhaps I should invest in a new...
Erm...  I've missed that one.  LOL!  Have you ANY IDEA how many pages I've missed whilst I've been AWOL, having my melt-down?