Posts by Relznik

Kuuushi - honestly, looking at the Minnie cake pic, you're the only one who'd know you'd had a problem with it.  It's lovely.   Belated birthday wishes, Siany. I hope you had a lovely day.   Tiddy - love your cake.   Jo - glad you've got your mojo back!!     I NEEEEEEED to start making roses.  I need about a dozen or so.  And they're really not going to make themselves, are they???  I've got as far as buying flower paste. It's a start....     My younger son...
Tiddy - The nice thing about doing cakes like this, at your own pace with dummies, is that you get an idea of just how much labour is involved and so you know how much you'd have to charge to make it for a paying customer.
OP said it was a giant cupcake - I assumed it was one of the 'standard' one, along the lines of the Wilton tins or similar...
Just worked it out and $120 CAD is around £66 GBP.   I'd charge that.   It's simply not worth your while baking and decorating a cake for much less....   Maybe $100 - $110, if it makes you feel better.   But NOT below $100
The cake is gorgeous!!!!        And going back to little 'foibles' I like to buy a box of 15 eggs, rather than 6 or 12 - because I HAVE to move the eggs around so that the 'pattern' is symmetrical once I've used any.  And it's easier to do with a box of 15!  My husband's been known to move them around just to wind me up!
YES, YES, YES.  OMG!  This is exactly what I'd do. EXCEPT - now, I do a table in Word.  I have one column with the names of everyone I need to write gifts for. In the next column I write the gift. And if it's a joint gifts (like the year we bought the boys the X Box) then,  yes, I merge the cells! Then the third column is for how much it costs (I just like to keep a note of what I'm spending). The fourth column has the heading 'Bought'. The last column has the heading...
I've just looked it up and like so many people, I definitely don't have that but I  see a few traits that I can relate to (eg, if my list isn't neat, because I don't like my handwriting, I will do it again.)  Likewise, I've been known to completely strip a cake and start again because I was unhappy with it.  That's not to say my cakes are perfect, but I will do them to the absolutely best of MY ability. How does the OCPD manifest when you're working?  What age group do you...
Ground open up and swallow me!!!! It's a phrase my dad uses...  although, drop the H...  Sorry. 
Do you tick them off or cross them through? I'm a cross them through kind of girl.  I get great satisfaction from it. But I'm also a bit OCD about writing lists...  if they're not really neat, I'll get a new piece of paper and start again.  And if anyone dares to write on my list (ie to add to it) I will get a new piece of paper and start again.  I'm odd.  I have so many little foibles like that!Oh, and DO NOT write on my calender.  I don't throw that away, but there is a...