Posts by Relznik

Oh Kelsey!  How awful.  Thank heavens they weren't seriously hurt.  x x x
Those Monopoly Bar Mitzvah cakes are like buses...  you wait ages for one and then two turn up together! LOL!   Look at this amazing one that's just been uploaded to CC!!   http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3314558/a/3531153/4-tier-bar-mitzvah-cake-with-a-monopoly-theme-everything-is-edible-and-hand-scripted/
http://www.itv.com/thismorning/food/perfect-roast-turkey-phil-vickery-recipe
Well, previously our bird was smaller than that and a lot more!!  But this is just a frozen one from Tesco this year.    And thanks for all your lovely comments regarding the cake and cookies!!  Can't believe it's almost a week already!
Christmas turkey for lunch this year?  I think it's a small ostrich!!!!   Just getting a frozen one from Tesco this year (previously, a friend has been down to Wales to buy a free-range one direct from the farmer...  but the farmer is winding down his business, apparently).  Anyway, so I phoned Steve from the shop to say shall I get the ones that are between 5kg and 6.9kg in weight and are £21?  It says they serve between 11 and 14 people.  There will be 9 of us (7...
Coooeeeeee!!!   So, here we are, post-Bar Mitzvah!  WHAT A WEEKEND!!   My feet are still killing me!  LOL!!     So, I promised pics as soon as possible....   Here are some of the 140 name place cookies.  Vanilla butter cookies and royal icing decoration.     And The Cake!     I actually don't have any pics of me yet!  But as soon as I get some, I promise I'll find a decent one to show you!!
Hi guys!   Cookies took almost as long to bag and tie as they did to decorate.  Can't thank my mum and aunt enough - they were here for HOURS doing them whilst hubby and I cleaned and tidied house.  Still so much more to do - and I have to get it all done by midday as my manicurist had to change my appt (I said it would be OK as I thought I'd be more organised than I actually am!!!)  Won't be able to do much housework once my fingers and toes have been prettified!...
Just popping in to say hi!   No time to read the 100+ messages I've missed, I'm afraid.  But thought I'd give you a quick update.   The name place cookies are all done.  It took SO, SO, SOOOOO much longer than I thought (these things usually do) and then the final straw was that the cello bags I bought don't fit.  They're such a snug fit and as they don't have a gusset I simply can't get the cookies in the bag! AGGHHHHH!  Fortunately I have a friend who sells...
I'm sooo lucky with my MIL.  She really does treat me like a daughter.  We do get on so well and I really love her.     So, this evening I've been baking the cookies which I'm going to decorate & personalise to use instead of name place cards at my son's Bar Mitzvah next weekend.  I made 2 batches of cookie dough and used a half batch I had in the freezer.  I got 133 cookies.  I need 139!  Typical!!!!  LOL!!!   I'm going to make a small batch now (a third of a...
Oooh - that's fabulous!!! Yeah - mainly in my mouth!  I love it sooo much and find it hard to resist! Pretty cake, Jo.  And gorgeous tree!!!