Posts by chattycathy

Thanks !
Thanks !
I am looking for a less sweet frosting , I sometimes find icing sugar too sweet and gritty feeling . I found a nice fluffy frosting that uses cooked flour and milk added to white sugar , it tastes good but I need it to crust and it does not .IMBC seems to fussy for my liking but if Meringue powder will work I will try it . Also white sugar is less expensive than icing sugar.
Thanks so much for your help !This is exactly what I was looking for . I've was searching the board this afternoon but couldn't find the right info.Thanks again .
Could anyone email the directions for the cute puppy that lies on it's belly ?I would really appreciate it . My Daughter's Birthday is this week and she would like a cake to look like our cocker spaniel . I saw one that uses 2 wondermold cakes plus a round but that sounds like to much cake for us .cathyspartycakes@yahoo.ca
MommymarilynDid you use gumpaste or fondant?Ihave fondant already made but wonder if I could add gum tex ?
I am trying to make a fondant bra cake today that will be picked up tomorrow at 3:00 and eaten on Saturday . Do I Have enough time to make the bra now and have it hardened enough to hold it's shape by tomorrow and will the buttercream cause it to collapse by Sat ?Ugh I don't have time for this cake but it's for my boss's 50th so I really need something nice that will turn out . Help please .
I make cakes for My Mom's office when they need them , Usually just sheet cakes with flowers . This cake is for someone moving onto the Audit dept and I don't want to do the plain flower thing again but I can't think of anything to go wtih this theme . I was thinking a buttercream transfer but can't find any images . Oh and it's a $35 sheet cake so budget is an issue as well .Any ideas ?
Do you have a pic of these tiles ? sounds very interresting , I would love to see this .
If they want egg substitute meaning egg beaters you would bake as per usual and your cake will be fine . If they want you to use the powdered egg free substitute because of allergy I would suggest "DON'T USE IT " !!!!!! A customer brought me this powdered egg substitute crap and it ruined the cake . I would have been better to omit the egg totally and maybe add a few tbsp of liquid and oil to make up the difference in moistness .The powdered egg substitute is made up of...