Posts by franjmc

This was most definitely a cake, not a dummy.The rainbow effect was done, as Doug suggested, by rolling the fondant through a pasta machine to get an even thickness, after that I just eyeballed the strips and placed them on to the cake.I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but if you've ever put stripes all the way around a cake you'll understand that each strip needs to be placed up against the previous one and then trimmed to shape/size.
Start by contacting your local council, they should be able to give you all the details you need.
I guess it's a sign of the times, really, I mean with technology things change, so many of you gals have met your partners on line, I didn't but I've met a number of friends this way, it's great!!!!!
I havea recipe in the files here for a modelling and flower paste that's based on fondant and CMC or tylose with a couple of extra ingredients in it, I use it for all my flowers and modelling even plaques, it rolls really thinlyhttp://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3063-1-Modelling-paste.htmlyou should give it a try and see if you like it
Happy Birthday Maria, and I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.I'll be thinking of you
Ok I'm just throwing my 2 cents in here, but if you have to add the boiling cream to it, why wouldn't you just use chocolate?I use Callebaut for all my ganache, and I go through about 30 kilos every 3 months, I buy it in 10 kg bags from Creative Ingredients in Brunswick for about $150 a bag. I know it's probably more expensive than the commercial mix, but there's something about coverture chocolate that makes a ganache and a cake for that matter, just a bit more...
Ok girls, I've registered which is great, because I will be happy to share my photos with you guys, and I won't need to post them here
Curvy, it does depend on how thick your fondant is. I would normally make mine with at least a week to allow for drying time, the heels are really the problem, they can feel hard but then may still be soft inside. Just leave putting it on the cake until the last possible moment, or if you can leave the supports for the arch on right up until you deliver it. Also be very careful how you handle it. Because the heel is usually thicker than the rest of the shoe, it can...
Ya, I absolutely did finish all my cakes for the weekend, I was a bit slower than normal, the last one wasn't completely done until Saturday night, but that was just getting all the flowers arranged properly.They were all safely delivered and the Mother of the bride from my Sunday cake rang me yesterday to tell me how happy they were with it, that was nice, it made my day
Did you mix the americolour with alcohol? Perhaps try that, and do it again, other than that, I'm out of ideas, except perhaps changing it to silver or gold.