Posts by auntiecake

I put a9". Cake under the wonder mold and then the doll fits and the dress is fuller.  Sorry I know this is an old forum.
I prefer Satin Ice, Fondx, or Fondx Elite. I think mmf is stiffer and stays that way when set up. It is harder to cut, but does taste good.
bump would love advise also
I am pretty sure it has something to do with the temp. Cold cake and warm frosting. A gas forms as it comes and sometimes causes the blowout or peeling of frosting. I have had it happen too and it doesn't show up usually til later. Urgh Good luck! There are other posts about this you can look up! If you chilled your cake w/crumb coat for several hours that may be the problem.
You can use melted chocolate instead of royal icing or isomalt. Rice krispies is a good idea to keep it stable at the bottom.
Edna has more than one type of peony in her tutorial and one looks similar to the one you are asking about. Check her website.
It looks like it might be a peony. Try Utube. Edna de la Cruz has a tutorial you can purchase. She is an excellent source.
It looks like it might be a peony. Try Utube. Edna de la Cruz has a tutorial you can purchase. She is an excellent source.
I agree it is pearlized spray, but swiss and italian are shiny compared to regular buttercream
Swiss or Italian buttercream is shiny.