Posts by DeniseNH

The thing that gives me the shivers is that you want to place a 24" tall cake on a stand you're making and it will have one central pedestal? You're really taking a chance that it won't tip, and that the glue you're using will hold. I've had the best of luck with a styrofoam cake dummy - 3 or 4" tall, draped over with a coordinating piece of fabric to match ribbons or flowers on the cake. You can stand on them and they won't cave and you just have the functions manager...
I always use waxed paper, parchment is too expensive. Never have a problem with waxed paper.
There's a wonderful old fashioned 30's type car wedding cake topper. Can't remember what the groom is doing but I do remember that they're kissing - either near or over the vehicle and the bride has one foot elevated in back of her. So cute. Tell them that if they want a car, that's the topper for them. And that solves most of the problem.
I agree, you're rolling your fondant too thin.
Use milk instead of water to prevent this. I have no idea why this works but they say that the fat in whole milk mixes better with the fat in your icing. Remember, oil and water doesn't mix. But oil and milk does.
That's what i've heard as well, Fondarific is the best to work with and tastes the best. Let us know.
Making sure that your filling goes all the way up to the dam, pressing down hard on your tiers to squeeze out excess air and to "seat" the two cakes on top of each other but the most important thing is to level your cakes so that they fit exactly on top of each other before you fill them. Any indentation in the upper edge of the cake you'll be putting your filling in - traps air in the void.
In this heat. I vote for freezing.
Try it. I use something called pollen dust - that comes in a lime green, yellow or brown. One plus of the pollen dust is that when you moisten the stamens so that the color would stick, other sources would melt and get gummy. Pollen powder remains dry and won't melt.
Yes, putting the two tiers together with white chocolate will hold them together tightly. Also you must cover them in buttercream because RK forms little bumps and crevases that only a very thick coating of fondant will hide. Some decorators break up the RK's by squishing really hard into the form to minimize all the bumps.