Posts by countrycakes

Please share this...I just read your post and I am STARVING...it sounds so blasted DELICIOUS. :)
:) Where can I purchase glycerin in bulk? All I have ever seen was the very small bottles at Michael's.....
May I ask what $ you sell these for? I am always getting calls for 'small cakes'...as in these.....think I need to add them to my menu items.....
The title says it all.......a local coffee shop/bookstore has contacted me to inquire interest in being their baked goods supplier....as in large amounts...etc....they are just in the discussion stages for now....I also have been told that they contacted 2 other as well.......what do I need to know? What advice can you give me on this? I am a homebased licensed bakery here in NC...and I have not ever done this before...all my business has come from word of mouth and doing...
Where can I find the caramel toffee buttercream icing recipe? That sounds so good! Thank you.
OH wow! :) I can not wait to try doing this....it looks so neat! :) Thank you so much for all your details and sharing...you are awesome! :)
As the post states, I am looking for the best gingerbread recipe that I can use to make some decorated gingerbread houses......never done them! Love the looks of them...want to experiment. :)
I went thru this in the summertime a little.....now it's happening again......there is a young lady who is doing 'business' as in NOT INSPECTED, NOT LICENSED, NOTHING from her home about 20 miles from me.....she's advertising on Facebook, taking orders, baking up a storm. UGH!!! I swear.....it is enough to make me just want to scream...all people see is the $$$ of what they are purchasing......it's not so difficult to get going LEGALLY in NC...why do people want to do this...
This recipe sounds good....my dd loves carrot cake, I will have to try it for her soon! :)
I worked my first Farmer's Market yesterday....I did mini bite sized cupcakes as samples, Spice Cake with Cream Cheese icing......made 150.....they went! I also sold almost everything I took with the exception of 4 very small cakes, which I did sell to neighbors today........so the samples were a hit for me! :) The foot traffic at our FM was around 400-500 people in a 5 hour time span.....so go on that if it  helps. Good luck!