Posts by countrycakes

:) THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! You have all helped with this and I do appreciate it a lot. :) Customer is still 'searching' for what they really want...so I have some leeway so far...they also said that they don't want 'all that detail', so that helps. I will be getting a written contract with sketches before I ever take this on. ;)
All I can find out is that it is 'painted flowers'...and how in the world do you charge for this kind of work? Sheesh.....she may not want it when I have to quote a final price, rofl..... ;)
  I have a customer who is requesting this cake for her dd's Sweet 16 party in November...how do you paint flowers like this on a cake? it is pretty but looks like a lot of TIME to create...ack! Help and thank you! :)
Please share this...I just read your post and I am STARVING...it sounds so blasted DELICIOUS. :)
:) Where can I purchase glycerin in bulk? All I have ever seen was the very small bottles at Michael's.....
May I ask what $ you sell these for? I am always getting calls for 'small cakes'...as in these.....think I need to add them to my menu items.....
The title says it all.......a local coffee shop/bookstore has contacted me to inquire interest in being their baked goods supplier....as in large amounts...etc....they are just in the discussion stages for now....I also have been told that they contacted 2 other as well.......what do I need to know? What advice can you give me on this? I am a homebased licensed bakery here in NC...and I have not ever done this before...all my business has come from word of mouth and doing...
Where can I find the caramel toffee buttercream icing recipe? That sounds so good! Thank you.
OH wow! :) I can not wait to try doing this....it looks so neat! :) Thank you so much for all your details and sharing...you are awesome! :)
As the post states, I am looking for the best gingerbread recipe that I can use to make some decorated gingerbread houses......never done them! Love the looks of them...want to experiment. :)