Posts by LNW

Sometime kind of like this maybe http://www.sweet-promises.com/constant.htmI agree with the other's, use your normal white cake recipe and add some almond extract to it. Everyone has their own way of doing tiered cakes but here is how I do mine when I need to transport. I bring them all in separate tiers and assemble on site. I’ve read too many horror stories on here about cakes collapsing and sliding around to try and transport a fully assembled cake, unless I had that...
I live in (actually about 15 minutes outside) the 3rd largest city in my state and we have two little cupcake places around here. I know a gal opened a shop downtown but it’s more of a coffee shop/ cupcake place and her cinnamon rolls are the big sellers, not her cupcakes. The other place I’ve never even heard of before. I just googled for cupcake places in my city to get the name of the other place I do know of. It’s even on the road I drive to get into the city every...
My husband’s cousin was to marry her high school sweetheart. They planned a HUGE wedding, booked with all the best of the best in the city. Her parents went all out for this thing. I’m not sure how close to the date it was but she decided not to marry him. No idea why, she just didn’t want to go through with it. They did contact all the vendors to see if they could get some of their money back and they did in some cases. But the majority of the people they booked...
I got married back in 2003. We couldn’t afford much (we’d just bought a house) and I was making everything myself. I’d been watching wedding week on Food Network and thought “hey that looks easy I bet I could make my own cake!” So I googled and ended up on Wilton’s message boards. I asked those ladies for help in making my cake and they were hateful to me. Basically I was an idiot for even attempting such a thing without any experience at all. That put the fire in me lol....
Yes you can. I’ve done it many times. Just make sure they aren’t too big. Sometimes people really pile that icing up and they come out super thick. If your FBCT is half an inch thick it’s probably going to fall off the cake. Keep it thin and when it comes time to put it on press it gently into the side of the cake. Sometimes I’ve even put a little blob of BC where I’m going to put the transfer and then piped a little border around the FBCT to help secure it to the...
[quote="carmijok"]ITA. Very well said.I'm sorry about all this. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Did you ever see that episode of Ace of Cakes where Geoff made the jeep grooms cake? After he set it up the groom and some of his buddies went all ape sh*t and massacred the thing right in front of him. He was really upset by it all and so were all the other decorators in the shop and Duff. So that whole “it’s their cake they can do whatever to it...
Wow Annabakes. I've had mastitis three times and I felt like I was seriously going to die all three times. I'm in awe that you were able to finish your cake. I couldn't even drag myself out of bed to go pee let alone ice and decorate a cake.
I’ve had golden raisins in carrot cake before. Some of the UK bakers on here could really help you out with this.That’s really nice of you to make him his very own cake I bet he'll love that. And as someone who hates raisins it's very nice of you to make a non-raisin contaminated cake too
In the colder months I use the Buttercream Dream recipe from this website. In the hot summer months, I’m still figuring that out lol. The Buttercream Dream recipe does not hold up to our heat and humidity. So for right now I’m using the Wilton recipe until I can find something that can handle our weather. It’s just too darn hot for an all butter recipe. Even too hot for a half a butter recipe Everyone would tell you that my butter recipe is the best. It feels...
I can’t sculpt figures that look any good so I almost always use plastic. Actually I usually buy a candle that matches the cake theme and put that on the cake but here lately I’ve been going with toys more often. The kids like them more.One time someone here posted a picture of a cake she’d done for a teen. It had this cute little picture holder as the topper with pictures of the birthday girl, starting as a baby and then ending with her now. It was really sweet. Your...