Posts by LNW

ITA with all the other parents who said they pitch homemade treats. My kids got some really cool homemade popcorn balls one year. They had decorated them like pumpkins. My dd REALLY wanted it but I didn't have any idea if it was safe so we threw it away. I'm sure those folks went through a lot of work to make them and I'm sure most people probably threw them out. Don't hand out cake pops, it will be a waste of your time and money.One of our favorite treat bag finds is...
I've never sold at a Farmer's Market but I've bought many times from cake vendors there. They all have had a display of cupcakes or small decorated cakes for you to look at. But when I've purchased something from them they either got my cupcake/whatever from a cooler they had sitting under their stand or from a box out of a mini fridge in a truck. The only thing I've ever bought right off a table was cookies and bread. And they are always wrapped up with a lable on them.
I have never dropped one while I was delivering it. The cake in my av, I dropped the bottom tier when I was moving it (totally iced and done) from one counter to another. It was soooo heavy and I wasn't ready for that when I picked it up and it just flopped onto the floor. I stood there for a second, collected myself and made another. I don't know what I would do in your situation.
That's what I did but every time I'd take the plate off the top of the tier underneath all the icing came up off it on the bottom of the plate. I was mortified. The cake lady never said THAT was going to happen lol. Nobody cared though, thank goodness.I have never cut another wedding cake since and I never will lol. I lack the abilities to do it apparently
ITA. Years ago I was asked by my BFF to cut and plate her wedding cake. I’d never done anything like that before but the baker who’d made it told me to come in early and she’d show me how to dismantle the cake and cut it. She left me a cutting guide, which I kept right next to me at the tale the whole night. Her cake was a 5 tier hexagon cake with a cascade of fresh fall colored flowers flowing down both sides of the cake. By the time I picked all those flowers and...
That is disgusting. And I stand corrected.
The only time I’ve ever heard how long a Wal-Mart cake stays sitting in the freezer was here. I kind of always assumed the person who first said it probably didn’t know that for a fact but the 6 month things has stuck and has been repeated forever since I’ve been here. Two of my BIL’s work for two different food distribution companies here in my state. I get all kinds of fun stuff from them anytime some guy drops a pallet and the boxes are damaged. I’ll gladly take a...
That's what my dh does with his Iphone. I think he could rule the whole world with just his phone. Last year he bought this super nice, super expensive laptop for our tech biz but since he got his Iphone it has sat in the case in our office totally useless. That phone does everything. And he's totally addicted to angry birds.
Oh and about the ipad. Another tech biz we work with uses those instead of phones. Unless you have the earbuds in you can't hear the phone ring. My dh HATES them. He can't ever get ahold of the other biz owner because he never has his earbuds in and can't hear the phone ring when dh calls. It's cool for everything else but that. I'm sure there has to be a way to fix that but we don't own one and the other biz owner just upgraded to those so they are still new to them...
My dh and I both used to have blackberry phones. I seriously can’t live without that thing, I love it. But my dh needed something with more umph technology wise (since we run a technology consulting business) so he just recently bought an iphone. It’s awesome. He loves it and hasn’t put it down since he got it. He loves how the internet looks like it does when you use a real PC, not all weird like on my blackberry. It’s REALLY heavy though, even though it’s so slim. ...