Posts by LNW

I've never let mine set out until room temp. I've even done them straight from the freezer. The buttercream sweats sometimes doing it that way but it's never caused any problems.
I have one client who always orders marble cake. I have tried to get her to do something different but she is convinced marble is the safest route. I don’t get that. If someone doesn’t like white cake they still aren’t going to eat it just because the cake does have a little chocolate mixed in or vise versa. But that is what she wants and she is one of my biggest clients so I continue to make them for her. One of these days I think I’m going to make her a little 6...
OMG bella I would have been super PO’d. That’s just mean. I’ve got a consultation this Saturday and I’ve spent quite a bit of money buying the ingredients to make the cupcakes and fillings for the tasting. The consultation is totally free and I’d be beyond mad if they were just using me. Wow I can’t believe someone would do that.
Grooms cakes are so much fun!! You can always tell when the bride has picked out the grooms cake because it will be all frilly and girly and not reflect the groom at all. It’s his cake, let it be his. The last wedding I attended the groom was addicted to the Star Wars Battlefront game so his cake was a giant Darth Vader head. Everyone got a good laugh from it.I’ve never actually seen the grooms cake away from the brides cake. I’ve always seen them next to each other. ...
I called my counties health department and spoke with one of the health inspectors. It varies by county in some states.
I hate that. You set up a time with someone and you run around like crazy trying to get everything done by the pickup time and then, no show. If I'd paid a lot of money for something you can bet I'd be there at the appointed time to get it, especially if it were food.A customer did that to me with a Christmas cake. She was supposed to pick it up by 11am and when 1pm came around she still hadn’t picked it up. I called and she was just lounging around the house and gave...
Green county Missouri that is.They stink. Basically the county says you have to have a commercial kitchen, no exceptions. BUT, if you live inside the city limits of Springfield it gets worse. If things were changed and you could have an in-home decorating business you couldn’t do it if you live inside the city. The city has an ordinance that forbids health inspectors from entering your home and inspecting it. So even if they change the statue someday those of us who...
I have bought several Sunday papers and have yet to locate the famous 40% cupon. Where the heck is it?
There is only one cake supply store in our city and she does not rent out her stands. I even contacted a couple of the catering places here and they don't rent them out either. I'm kind of stuck either buying them myself and hoping someone will someday ask for a cake using that stand or passing the cost onto the customer.
I had a customer call me and ask me to do this http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/wedding/gki_wedcake.cfm?section=wedding&subsection=cakeinfo&tertiary=designhome She wanted that exact cake and stand. The cake itself is nothing but the stand well, I don’t own that stand and it’s pretty pricey. I told her I would have to add the cost of the stand into the price of the cake which would just about double the price. She didn’t like that idea. She had her...