Posts by LNW

You guys are wonderful. This is so going to kill my diet but I have to try them all out. I'll update soon!
Mmmm that sounds good VAcakelady. I'm only icing the cake and doing a reverse shell border with the whipped icing. I really need to track down that Rich's icing. I know when most of my clients request whipped they are thinking about the stuff they get on their Wal-Mart cakes.
I’ve got an order coming up and the client has requested whipped icing. I normally make it with just heavy whipping cream and icing sugar but I’d like to try something else, mine cracks really bad.
Mudcake is an extremely rich chocolate cake that tastes much like brownies. I make it all the time and eat it plain without any icing. It's a chocolate lover's dream.
I'm going to have to stop being so shocked when I read stories like these. But really it just surprises me that so many folks are so nonchalant about lying and putting all the blame on the decorator when in fact they are the ones to blame. Seriously. She probably felt like a big dope for dropping the cake and figured it would be easier to blame the one person who couldn’t be there to defend herself than it was to admit her mistake.Well at least you know the truth now,...
That is the exact recipe I use and I have never once had a problem with it. I even converted it into a vegan recipe for a couple I'm doing a wedding cake for. Turned out perfectly. Though I did notice that I don't need to cook the cake for the full hour and 40 minutes. I probably cook it for less than an hour. I'm not really sure on the time. I just keep checking on it and when I poke it with a toothpick and it comes clean I pull it out. The cake continues to cook...
They agreed to fondant thank goodness. And I'm only going to make 100-150 flowers. I'm giving those to them for free. They are on a very tight budget and really REALLY want this cake. I can whip up that many flowers in no time and the fondant isn't goig to be crazy expensive.
Whew so I'm not going to be making individual petals. About how much fondant am I going to need to do this? I think I'm going to have to call them back and re-work the price, cut down on some of those flowers or they'll just have to choose another design. I had no idea the cake was going to require that many flowers. They were flipping through my books and I just picked that one up a couple of weeks ago. I haven't even looked through it much. That cake seemed to...
If they are willing to use fondant how do I make the daisies? I have the gumpaste floral kit, never used but I have it. Could I do it the same way that is explained in the kit but just sub fondant for gumpaste?
In the picture I showed them the flowers kind of curl outward. If it helps it is the "Floating on Air" cake on page 56 in the Wilton Wedding Dream Cakes book.If fondant is the absolutley on way to go then I'll try and work them into it. They have had fondant before and didn't like it. It also didn't help that I've had it before too, several times, and hated it and we all sat around bashing fondant I really hate the thought of making all those daisies out of...