Posts by LNW

If it were "me" and considering I don't live in an expensive area AND I wanted to give her a deal I'd charge her $30 each. If you didn't want to make any money of them you could just charge her for ingredients. If she were a good friend I might consider that.
Should I send her an email saying that if I don't have an answer by July 5th then I will go with the design we have written in the contract? Even if I know that's not what she wants now and it will be more expensive than the more recent designs she's inquired about?She knows I need the final payment 2 weeks before the wedding date. ALL of this info in her copy of the contract. We've done the whole formal consultation, tasting, contract signing etc etc. But she started...
I based the price of the cake on the design they picked when we had the consultation. And they were totally sold on that. So they paid the deposite based on that price as well. But what I should charge them now? I have no idea since I don't know what they want. That's another thing that's really annoying.
They've already signed a contract that says pretty much all that JoAnn and I got their deposit. So I've got that part taken care of I just need her to pick a design or at least tell me she doesn't want me to make the cake. She's ignoring me and I don't know why.
The couple I’ve been working with on their wedding cake still has not made a final decision for their cake design. We did the consultation in early February and they picked a design that day. Then during multiple emails back and forth the design has gone from this to that to finally nothing at all. I have NO clue what she wants, none, nada. Every time I ask her about it she either doesn’t respond to the question or gives weird broad answers that I have no idea what...
My bride wants to surprise her groom with a very special cake. He designs video games and I guess does a lot of stuff for Nintendo. She wants 2 Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP's, one representing the bride and one for the groom. She was thinking one in pink and the other in blue or maybe one in black and the other in white, she's not sure of any of that. She is totally looking for my opinion on this and I'm not sure what to tell her, or how to make them even. Those...
Whoa, it's your fault that she couldn't follow directions Wow what a snot. My worst was one of my big clients who orders from me a lot. She told me she would be by to pick up a cake at 11am. 11 came and went and around 1pm I called her to find out what was up. She was still in bed!!! She said that she doesn’t do early mornings and she’d be by to pick it up sometime that day. I ended up driving all the way across town to drop it off, I had stuff to do I couldn’t...
What did they do with the cake? If they threw it all out then obviously there was something wrong with it but if they did serve cake I would be suspicious of her story. I feel badly for you but also for your bride. I wouldn't charge her a dime assuming it's all true.
I use the egg replacer all the time and have never had any problems. I do a lot of baking for vegans and kids with food allergies. The egg replacer has been a God send for me. Possibly it was just your recipe? If you want chocolate cake I used the replacer in the chocolate mud cake recipe I got from here and it was amazing.
I tried and I couldn’t figure out what to do with the corners. So I just snipped off the extra fondant and folded the flap of fondant over and smoothed it into the side of the cake with Crisco. It looked like crap obviously. How do you do it?