Posts by LNW

I agree with the others. I had a hard time seeing the damage in the after shots. You did a wonderful job doctoring it up. I kind of like the after cake better, it's more rustic looking.
Have you tried better than sex cake? It's got jell-o in it so you taste more of that than the cake. I was taught to make it in a 9x13 baking dish and leave the cake in the dish but I have made it in round cake pans and decorated it like I would a normal cake.
I think it would be in your best interest to track her down and give her a refund. Just because you’ve moved away and forgotten about her doesn’t mean she’s going to let this go. She could easily take you to court over this and not only get her money back for the cake but more $$ for all the hell you’ve put her through. Don’t let this go. Find that bride and pay her back or you may find yourself in court.
DH cake mixes are NOT vegan. They have milk product in them. The egg replacer is what most likely caused the crumbling. I was out of eggs one night and wanted cake so I used egg replacer with a DH boxed mix. The cake was soooooo crumbly I couldn’t even ice it without the cake falling apart.I’m sorry you had to go through all that. Your post had me scared lol. But I have to side with the bride here. You shouldn’t have agreed to make those changes and I’m sure had you...
If it were "me" and considering I don't live in an expensive area AND I wanted to give her a deal I'd charge her $30 each. If you didn't want to make any money of them you could just charge her for ingredients. If she were a good friend I might consider that.
Should I send her an email saying that if I don't have an answer by July 5th then I will go with the design we have written in the contract? Even if I know that's not what she wants now and it will be more expensive than the more recent designs she's inquired about?She knows I need the final payment 2 weeks before the wedding date. ALL of this info in her copy of the contract. We've done the whole formal consultation, tasting, contract signing etc etc. But she started...
I based the price of the cake on the design they picked when we had the consultation. And they were totally sold on that. So they paid the deposite based on that price as well. But what I should charge them now? I have no idea since I don't know what they want. That's another thing that's really annoying.
They've already signed a contract that says pretty much all that JoAnn and I got their deposit. So I've got that part taken care of I just need her to pick a design or at least tell me she doesn't want me to make the cake. She's ignoring me and I don't know why.
The couple I’ve been working with on their wedding cake still has not made a final decision for their cake design. We did the consultation in early February and they picked a design that day. Then during multiple emails back and forth the design has gone from this to that to finally nothing at all. I have NO clue what she wants, none, nada. Every time I ask her about it she either doesn’t respond to the question or gives weird broad answers that I have no idea what...
My bride wants to surprise her groom with a very special cake. He designs video games and I guess does a lot of stuff for Nintendo. She wants 2 Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP's, one representing the bride and one for the groom. She was thinking one in pink and the other in blue or maybe one in black and the other in white, she's not sure of any of that. She is totally looking for my opinion on this and I'm not sure what to tell her, or how to make them even. Those...