Posts by LNW

The wedding is at 2pm on Saturday. They wanted me to come in around 12pm to set up the cake. I will be stacking the cake, putting on ribbon and a small bead border around the bottom of each cake (3 tiers). I want to get there around 10-11am to give myself more time to get things put together and a cushion just in case something happens. They don't care either way. I don't want to get there to early and the cake just sits there for 4 hours though. It's hot; it's going...
Weird. Sounds like she doesn't know anything about tiered cakes either. Your cake is very cute! When I took the Wilton courses at our local CC my instructor did not use fondant so she didn't teach it. She had 18 years experience as a Wilton instructor but she hated fondant and refused to use it. She was very honest about it though and recomended some other places in town to go and get instructions on using it. I would have been livid if I'd paid that much for a...
No problem The wedding is Aug 5th so you won't have to wait to long for that pic! Thanks so much for the help!!
Alrighty, soy butter in cupcake tins = moist and delicious cake. BAD BAD shortening. I can't believe that little ingredient could mess up the whole cake. I thought you could use shortening as a replacement for butter. I'll never use it that way again that's for sure. I'm refunding the bride's money. I feel terrible about it I should have known better, never mess with a good thing. I spoke with the bride's mother today and she was very hesitant to even talk to me...
Whew I hope your right. I'll make up a batch of new cupcakes today.
The soy in cake pans is what she had at the tasting and is what she ordered. I tried the soy butter in baking cups back when I did the tasting becaue I didn't want to bake a whole cake and they didn't turn out very well. The cake was so moist it stuck to the baking cup and when I tried to pull the paper away from the cake it tore the cupcake in half. Which is another reason why I used the baking tins this time, I thought I might avoid that problem.
I made some vegan white cupcakes for a bridal shower last Saturday. I baked them on Monday, wrapped and froze them until Thursday when I decorated. They were beautiful and the bride’s mother said they were perfect. Skip ahead to yesterday. I sent the bride an email about an idea I had about the groom’s cake and she responded today. She was very worried about the cupcakes; they were apparently dry and tasteless. I’m doing her wedding cake next month with the same cake...
I agree with sweet. Congrats on the cake, I'm doing a wedding the same day!
Wonderful, you guys are great. My fondant cutters are metal so I guess I shouldn't have any problems there.
I am making some bridal shower cupcakes and the bride has ordered just plain cupcakes with a simple swirl of icing. I wanted to add something to make them more pretty so I was thinking of making a little chocolate heart to stick into the icing. I don’t want to make a solid chocolate, just a thin little heart. I thought I’d watched enough Jacques Torres on FoodTV to know what I was doing but I realize I know nothing about chocolate. What I need to know is do I just...