Posts by LNW

The issue is I was able to make it once, my very first time amazingly and it turned out perfect. Every. Single. Time. afterwards it's turned out awful. I follow the recipe to a T (the one from the tutorial from this website) and every time it's dry, hard and I can't even kneed color into it much less roll it out and use it. The Spongebob cake I made last week was supposed to be covered in MMF but I couldn't get it to come out right. I made it twice and it was hard and...
Have you put your party stand together yet? I used my 50% off to get the same stand, then ran over to Hobby Lobby and got the porcelain cake platter. I always open my stuff up and put it together to make sure it all works and isn't broken. One of the legs for my party platter seems to be missing the little notches on the sides that keep it from slipping down through the holes on the base. I was wondering if your stand did the same thing, maybe I just didn't put it...
I was doing the same search and found that most cake decorators recomend the same two KopyKake airbrushes. For me personally the KromaJet would be fine. I'd like to have the airmaster though because you can adjust the pressure but it is quite a bit more and I'm having a hard enough time convincing my dh to buy me the KromaJet for Christmas.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a horrible Cinderella cake. Darn that stupid character pan!!!http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=LNW&cat=0&pos=14
OMG I love that bra cake!!! What a cute idea!
I spent $80 preparing for the first class and I had tons of stuff already at home (bags, tips, colors etc). After that is was around $30 for the 2nd and 3rd classes to buy tips, practice boards, book and supplies to make cakes and icing. But it’s all stuff you need anyways so it’s not a waste of money.
Oooo that sounds great I say go for it! You'll get to see how a real bakery runs and learn tons about cake decorating and whatnot. Good luck and be sure to take pictures of the cakes you make if you can!
I think it depends on what you mean by bakery. If you’re talking about the bakery in a Wal-Mart or some other chain place I’d skip it. I would kill for a cake decorating position in a “real” bakery though. My SIL, MIL and good friend all work in the bakeries of Price Cutters, Wal-Mart and Summer Fresh. It sucks, the hours are long, the mangers don’t appreciate their staff, the pay is nothing and I’m constantly listening to them complain about how much they hate their...
I guess I’ll be the lone voice of dissent lol. I wouldn’t have known what the FBCT was if you hadn’t written it in your OP. I’m sorry, I’m not trying to be mean but I don’t see a soldier or a helicopter. Maybe it’s your picture though. Is it all black? I think that’s why I’m having a hard time seeing anything. If you have time to redo it I’d use some other lighter colors to help show the details, like outline is a light grey and fill in with black and dark grey? ...
Yes cake decorating and completely turned me off to cake. I stay away from sweets in general though. I work out to hard every week to stay in shape as it is. My dh and my MIL on the other hand LOVE my cakes. Which is why they have about 35 extra lbs on them lol. I’ve refused to make them anymore cakes until they loose the weight though lol.