Posts by LNW

I’m super excited for you! I’d do like the others have said and call first to make an appointment. Then I’d just bring in some of my best selling flavors with a rundown of what else I can make and a price list for those things.My favorite restaurant in this little hole in the wall place called The Barn. It’s in a tiny little town where everyone knows everyone. They have a bakery case that they keep filled with the best made from scratch goodies you’ve ever tasted. The...
ITA with everyone else. I also agree with Jason. Halloween is about kids and candy, not a chance for some biz owner to try and advertise themselves to my children. I hate that. Unless it's a magnet. I love magnets! I have 3 kids so I have a lot of things to hang on the fridge door. One time my oldest got a coupon for a certain % off an oil change at a local car place Really? That's so lame. We do like the free doughnut coupons from the doughnut place or a free...
Make a new cake. I've BTDT before. I thought I could glue the crack back together well enough that it wouldn't make any difference. It did. Once I tried putting in dowels the cake started to fall apart. There is no way it could have supported the top tiers with that crack. So I pulled it apart and rebaked.
Wow. What a callous, unsympathetic poot. I mean on one hand, your cakes must really be amazing for her to keep after you about it even after you hung up on her. On the other hand, wow. People are so selfish and uncaring sometimes. I hope she leaves you alone!Sorry to hear about your son btw. I wouldn’t leave his side for all the money in the world if it were my own son.
Mcaulir and CWR You two are SO awesome!!! I love the new look of your website PCC! I love the cake you picked for the front, it's awesome and totally draws me in and makes me want to look around more.The descriptions for your menu items are wonderful! They make me hungry reading them, which is exactly what you want customers doing, drooling lol.You are gorgeous! But you'll look more professional (and JUST as beautiful) in a nice apron maybe standing in that pose...
I tend to ramble so I'm glad you found something useful in there I don't think your site "blah" lol, but it's not nearly as professional looking as your caking skills are, kwim? Your a very talented decorator and your cakes are amazing. You need a website that reflects that.These are some of my favorite websites, maybe you can get some inspiration from one of them:...
I am TOTALLY in the minority on the flyers. I love getting flyers to local businesses; I love them even more if they are for a local restaurant that has just opened up. If there is a discount attached if I bring the flyer with me then I usually tuck it away in my purse and hang onto it. Unless it’s for one of those tax places, carpet cleaning businesses, or a new nail salon which is usually the kind of flyers I get on my car.I sell AVON and made the mistake of putting a...
The AOC crew used to post here a while back. I liked that show. I tried to watch Cake Boss on Netflix but I just couldn't take them seriously. It all seemed fake.
I had no idea it even existed!
Toot away that cake is awesome! Give yourself more credit for your drawing abilities though. Those characters are spot on! It's a lot easier drawing with pencil and paper (coming from someone with a degree in Art History and Art Education) then it is to do it with cake and icing. You did a great job