Posts by LNW

I am TOTALLY in the minority on the flyers. I love getting flyers to local businesses; I love them even more if they are for a local restaurant that has just opened up. If there is a discount attached if I bring the flyer with me then I usually tuck it away in my purse and hang onto it. Unless it’s for one of those tax places, carpet cleaning businesses, or a new nail salon which is usually the kind of flyers I get on my car.I sell AVON and made the mistake of putting a...
The AOC crew used to post here a while back. I liked that show. I tried to watch Cake Boss on Netflix but I just couldn't take them seriously. It all seemed fake.
I had no idea it even existed!
Toot away that cake is awesome! Give yourself more credit for your drawing abilities though. Those characters are spot on! It's a lot easier drawing with pencil and paper (coming from someone with a degree in Art History and Art Education) then it is to do it with cake and icing. You did a great job
I agree with the others. She’s probably seeing things everywhere that look SO COOL and wants it all to fit in her wedding. I’m helping my soon to be SIL with her wedding. I’m baking the cakes but I’m also helping make decorations and doing the set-up of the tables and decorating them too. Her theme hasn’t changed but the cake design has changed more time than I can count and everyday that I talk to her she’s had a friend show her this or she saw that online etc etc. ...
Fighting off polar bears with your loose leaf notebook… Oh wait, that was how my mom used to describe her walk to school each morning.
Southerncross you are on a roll today That baby is adorable.All my kids had smash cakes that I made for their birthdays. I can't think of a single 1st birthday party I've ever attended and there wasn't one. Wal-Mart gives you one for free if you order your kid's 1st birthday cake from them. The only beef I have with smash cakes is the clean up afterwards. Unless they aren't my kids, then I encourage them to rub cake and icing in their hair Trash the dress is a...
I know! You can just imagine what that cake tasted like lol.
Any update?
I’ve always used straws. I just cut them a little shorter than the tier and stick them into the cake. Sometimes if the decoration at the end of the wire is really heavy and the wires start to swing around and move a lot I’ll pull the straws out, squeeze the cake out and then reinsert in the cake. Then I fill the straws a bit with royal icing, put in the wires and let it sit until the icing has hardened. That usually keeps the wires from moving around. I try not to use...