Posts by LNW

Well isn't she a peach?  As a business owner I'd have a really hard time replying in a manner that wasn't offensive   I'd sure like to see her try to pull that cake off though.  And a rundown of how long it took her to do it....if she's really got the talent.
Like Sillywabbitz said I think it varies by region.  Around my area the bride orders it and it's decorated to reflect a hobby or interest of the groom.  I've done a few of them and they are always fun.  Come to think of it all of them have been chocolate cake too.  In my case it was just because that was the groom's favorite flavor though, not because of tradition.
Personally I’d save your cash and immerse yourself in YouTube videos and hunt down a Wilton course at a local hobby store (surely you have to have one of those around).  You could check on Wilton’s forum and ask if anyone in your area knows of someone who teaches the Wilton courses.  I don’t know that culinary school will be of much help to you.  Way back when I thought I wanted to be a cake decorator and looked into it none of them really had a focus on cake...
Reynolds makes cupcake liners now and they are wonderful.  I find them in the paper plate section of the grocery store at Wal-Mart.  You get 36 liners for $2.30.  They are the StayBrite baking cups.  http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/product.asp?prod_id=1794  I use these all the time.  They come in lots of fun designs and they never lose their color and the designs don't fade away.
Stick to your contract.  My dh’s cousin cancelled her wedding and while they asked for refunds for everything that they had put down deposits on or tried to return things they’d already purchased they didn’t get them.  She was able to recoup some of her money by selling her gown and other wedding related items.  They weren’t upset about it.  The issues surrounding the decision to cancel the wedding were more important than the $$$.  Now my dh’s cousin is not your...
Good save DD.  Nasty that she still served that cake though.  REALLY nasty.
I would be kind of leery of something like that. It might work for the new to baking baker who just want to make stuff at home. Maybe. Wilton kind of has that covered though.I’ve ordered food stuff from Pampered Chef and Partylite has a food line from Two Sisters Gourmet that I’ve ordered from before too. I’ve not been really impressed (except with PC’s vanilla extract, it’s pretty good) and the price is ridiculous. You can get better quality stuff online or shoot,...
I’m super excited for you! I’d do like the others have said and call first to make an appointment. Then I’d just bring in some of my best selling flavors with a rundown of what else I can make and a price list for those things.My favorite restaurant in this little hole in the wall place called The Barn. It’s in a tiny little town where everyone knows everyone. They have a bakery case that they keep filled with the best made from scratch goodies you’ve ever tasted. The...
ITA with everyone else. I also agree with Jason. Halloween is about kids and candy, not a chance for some biz owner to try and advertise themselves to my children. I hate that. Unless it's a magnet. I love magnets! I have 3 kids so I have a lot of things to hang on the fridge door. One time my oldest got a coupon for a certain % off an oil change at a local car place Really? That's so lame. We do like the free doughnut coupons from the doughnut place or a free...
Make a new cake. I've BTDT before. I thought I could glue the crack back together well enough that it wouldn't make any difference. It did. Once I tried putting in dowels the cake started to fall apart. There is no way it could have supported the top tiers with that crack. So I pulled it apart and rebaked.