Posts by LNW

Thank you for all the advice imagenthatnj!
Wow, thanks for posting the YouTube video. That made it look so easy, and yummy. I tried making SMBC years ago because someone here said it tasted like Bettercreme and I had an order for a cake with that icing on it. It was awful. It tasted like I was chewing on a stick of butter. It whipped up pretty and fluffy and looked very tasty but it was soooo nasty. I’ve stayed away from IMBC and SMBC ever since. I’ll have to give the IMBC recipe a try though. It looks...
These are all very scary stories.Years ago I left my dh’s (then boyfriend) truck door unlocked after getting some cd’s out. Some guys came by in the middle of the night and picked it clean. We didn’t have any idea until later in the wee hours of the morning I got a call form my dad on my cell phone asking if I was okay. He said that the police had just called his home looking for me. They’d pulled some guys over and found my checkbook in their car, along with some...
Mmmmm that yellow flavor is the BEST! That's really cute of her. Did you tease her?
I don’t know anything about the mixers but I do know a little about both companies customer service. I have had the best luck with Cuisinart. I think I own just about every kitchen gadget they make and I use and love all of them. Anytime I’ve had an issue with one of my toys I can call the customer service number and they take care of me right away. The only KA product I own is a stand mixer and I’ll never buy anything from them again. My mixer makes a really loud...
I always use Duncan Hines. When I took the Wilton courses several years ago I was lucky enough to have a very well known and respected bakery owner as my instructor. She used DH at her bakery and swore by it. I figure if she built such a reputation as "the" bakery owner in our city on DH cake mixes then it was good enough for me. My husband bought me several boxes of BC mixes one time because they were in the clearance aisle. They were white and yellow mixes. I used...
ITA with cheatize. It doesn't make any sense to bring it up at all if she thinks the cake was worth every penny. Why be shocked about the price if it's excatly what she felt the cake was worth? Maybe she thought you would offer some kind of refund after the first email exchange but when you held strong she dropped it and to keep things peaceful she added all that stuff about the price being perfect if not a little too low.Good for you holding your ground! It always...
ITA with TexasSugar about heavy icing. Basketweave happens to be my favorite way to decorate a buttercream cake and I have to be careful of those top borders sliding off when the weather gets warm. I have had them fall right off a cake before. It was a very cute cake! Great job.
I am SO sorry she did that! What a nasty woman. I am very sorry about your loss.
I whole heartedly agree word for word. There will already be a cake. Even if your brother said cupcakes were fine it doesn’t make sense to bring more cake. Unless you’re doing it just to show off. If it were me I wouldn’t even bring cookies. I’d let the other decorator have her day. I would be absolutely LIVID if I worked my rear off to make a cake for my nephew’s birthday and one of my in-laws showed up with cupcakes/cookies all decked out like she’d spent weeks...