Posts by LNW

It’s hard to comment on other’s work when it’s subpar and not come off sounding like sour grapes. I think your post was polite and it was good of you not to post pictures just in case (although I’d love to see them!) Did the cake taste good? I can forgive terrible decorating if the taste knocks my socks off kwim? My favorite place to order take-out is a little hole in the wall but they serve the BEST general chicken in the world. I'll gladly pay an arm and a leg to...
I used the Wilton recipe when I first started out too. It is a crusting buttercream and it crusts pretty quickly from what I remember. I never put my cakes in the fridge for the reason Leily mentioned if I'm going to use the Viva method to smooth the icing.
I never even thought about using it as a filling. My kids would love that!
I’m in a sort of similar situation with a family member. Family is buying the cake for a friend. Friend is supposed to understand that the cake is at cost since family is buying it and at cost means they relinquish all artistic control and I make whatever I feel like making. If they’d like to dictate flavor and décor they pay full price. That’s the deal. Btb doesn’t get it. She wants the free cake but also the full wedding planning experience. I’m not working for...
Congratulations! I made my own wedding cake too. Looking back I'm very proud that I did but I kind of sort of wish I had left it up to someone else. It was a lot of work.I’ve told this story before but I think it got lost in the crash. I attended a wedding years ago for a couple my dh and I are friends with. They had this amazingly beautiful 5 tier bride’s cake. It sat untouched besides maybe 3 slices that I saw her grandparents take. They also had a giant peanut...
Thank you for all the advice imagenthatnj!
Wow, thanks for posting the YouTube video. That made it look so easy, and yummy. I tried making SMBC years ago because someone here said it tasted like Bettercreme and I had an order for a cake with that icing on it. It was awful. It tasted like I was chewing on a stick of butter. It whipped up pretty and fluffy and looked very tasty but it was soooo nasty. I’ve stayed away from IMBC and SMBC ever since. I’ll have to give the IMBC recipe a try though. It looks...
These are all very scary stories.Years ago I left my dh’s (then boyfriend) truck door unlocked after getting some cd’s out. Some guys came by in the middle of the night and picked it clean. We didn’t have any idea until later in the wee hours of the morning I got a call form my dad on my cell phone asking if I was okay. He said that the police had just called his home looking for me. They’d pulled some guys over and found my checkbook in their car, along with some...
Mmmmm that yellow flavor is the BEST! That's really cute of her. Did you tease her?
I don’t know anything about the mixers but I do know a little about both companies customer service. I have had the best luck with Cuisinart. I think I own just about every kitchen gadget they make and I use and love all of them. Anytime I’ve had an issue with one of my toys I can call the customer service number and they take care of me right away. The only KA product I own is a stand mixer and I’ll never buy anything from them again. My mixer makes a really loud...