Posts by LNW

Wow, I'm sorry it has gotten this far. What are you going to do now?
Yikes! That is one banged up cake! I did a graduation cake a couple weekends ago for a friend. It was extremely hot that day so I put the cake in the fridge for hours before we left. My dh drove like a little old lady, the AC was blasting and I had the cake box sitting on a non-slip mat on the flat bottom of the trunk. When we got to the party I carried the box in myself holding it carefully with my hands right in the middle of the bottom of the box. When I opened...
I would stick to your contract. I don’t think all the booty kissing in the world will make this group of folks any happier with you. You want rid of them anyways so go with it.I was contracted to make a wedding cake for a couple. They also had me make some cupcakes for the bridal shower. The cupcakes sucked. I forgot an ingredient and they turned out like cornbread (so I was told, I didn’t have enough batter left over to make extra, just what they had ordered). The...
Ooooo those are so pretty! I admit to being one of those people who has a hard time eating food that is so perfect and pretty. I’ll wait until someone else take the plunge then I’ll go in after them Lucky for me I married a man who likes to be the first to dig into stuff so I don't normally have to wait long.I made a beautiful loaf of mango bread once for a tropical themed company BBQ. Nobody ate any of it. I was so upset about it. The next day at work my dh went...
Your cupcakes are awesome and I love the way you packaged them up. They look really cute! I agree with MamaDear and CakesHeaven. If you don’t want to do bunch of cupcakes or a cake for every event that comes up then pick one big one the church does and offer to do that every year or whenever they do it. If they want to use you for every event and your okay with that I’d give them a few cakes to choose from with a set price and go from there. That’ll make it easier for...
I don't own a bakery but I worked in fast food when I was a teen. We gave the officers free coffee and 15% off their bill when they came in, and they always did. It was fun to see them for lunch some days and then again with their families for dinner at night (they paid full price then btw).
I’ve only made a few ice cream cakes so I’m by no means an expert. My WMI had owned a bakery and they made ice cream cakes there so she did a little side lesson with us one day in class and she taught us how she made them in her shop. She baked two layers of cake. One of the pans she used to bake the cake in she lined with plastic wrap then filled it with ice cream and put it in the freezer. When the ice cream was rock hard she lifted that layer of ice cream out of the...
ITA with everyone else. I've done that before, took the picture to Wal-Mart and had them print an edible image for me. I would call first and make sure they will do it though. We have several Wal-Marts in my city but only one of them would do it for me. It was $5.00 for the image. I brought two pieces of cardboard that I lined with wax paper to put the image between so it wouldn't break on the ride home.
That's very neat she puts out all the instructions and everything to make the cake.
It’s hard to comment on other’s work when it’s subpar and not come off sounding like sour grapes. I think your post was polite and it was good of you not to post pictures just in case (although I’d love to see them!) Did the cake taste good? I can forgive terrible decorating if the taste knocks my socks off kwim? My favorite place to order take-out is a little hole in the wall but they serve the BEST general chicken in the world. I'll gladly pay an arm and a leg to...