Posts by LNW

Cakepops, truffles and very elaborate cupcakes are still the big thing around here.  Oh and donuts!  A new shop opened up and it's all anyone can talk about.  I haven't been because I don't care for donuts but apparently they are pretty awesome.     I did notice that there are a few European style bakeries popping up.  I was trying my hardest to hunt down some macaroons to buy for a friend who adores them but none of the bakeries I always buy from does them.  So I...
I did that for my dh's cousin ONCE.  She brought me a box of Always Save chocolate cake mix, a bag of off brand confectioner's sugar that was soooo lumpy it took forever to sift out the hard chunks, and several Glad disposable containers full of the ingredients listed on the back of the box of cake mix.  I was like, seriously?  I used her crappy ingredients and returned her plastic containers when I delivered the cake.  The cake was terrible, so dry and tasteless.  Of...
I made a wedding cake for my BIL and his new bride last August.  The wedding was to be in the barn but she assured me the cake would be in the house where it would be nice and cool.  She insisted on buttercream because she hated fondant. When I showed up to deliver the AC wasn't on and it was a bazillion degrees in the house.  The cake instantly started to sweat.  No sooner did I get it assembled did it start to melt, all the decoration started to slide off, the...
There is a bakery downtown in the city that is famous for their cinnamon rolls.  She started it as a cupcake shop but her cinnamon rolls quickly took over.  I know people who call ahead to make sure she's got them in stock and will drive quite a distance to get one.  I despise cinnamon rolls (I know, what's wrong with me?) but I have yet to hear anyone knock her rolls.  I'd try to find a tasty, reliable recipe for those if you can.  I've always had good luck tweaking Ree...
I LOVE the little boy on the floor off to the left with his tongue out :D  "Oh boy floor cake!!!"  The pictures are beautiful, the cake and cupcakes were beautiful too. 
It looked real to me.  I did have trouble with man or woman too so I can't poke fun at remnant ;)  I figured it out once he came around the table though.  That link leads to a lot of other real wedding cake fails that are really sad too.  This was just a demo though.  A really poorly done one.
ITA with Denetteb.  I noticed the same thing in your pictures, even the one that you have posted looks like the cake is on a single cakeboard.  You've got to have something thicker than that to hold up those heavy cakes.  I use drums myself but in a pinch when I don't have drums I'll hot glue 4 or 5 boards together then line with fancy foil and put some kind of ribbon on the outside to add a little more decoration and hide the ugly board edges. Back in the day I used...
My rep is going to hate me lol.  I've been all over him about standing firm against gun legislation and blocking the Obamacare exchanges etc.  His nephew is a sub of ours that we use on our rentals.  We know the Messenger family well.
I sell AVON and we have scammers that do this too.  It's weird.  They'll send an email asking for a bunch of the most expensive skin care and fragrance items AVON sells and then payment is always the same as the cake scams.  Seems like a waste since even though the stuff they are ordering is expensive it still pales to what they could be getting from other people.
Well isn't she a peach?  As a business owner I'd have a really hard time replying in a manner that wasn't offensive   I'd sure like to see her try to pull that cake off though.  And a rundown of how long it took her to do it....if she's really got the talent.