Posts by baker101

this used to happen to me as well and then i read to take a flower nail and place it greased upside down in the middle of the pan before pouring in the batter and it helps conduct the heat evenly while baking, havent had a slanted cake since.
i was wondering how long an opened tube of icing lasts not refridgerated. The package said not to refrigerate it after opening but it doesnt say how long it is good for. does anyone know?
impression mats are awesome, they make things that took a couple minutes look like a couple of hours. they make things so much easier and you get that professional look in no time, i love mine. you do need to have a good crusting buttercream tho and it does take some learning on how hard to push without pulling off all your icing They're great with fondant too.I definitely think mine were a good investment.
i have been reading alot about the different kinds of dust you can use to decorate with ie.luster,pixie,petal etc. but i cant find a for sure answer on wether or not these are safe to eat, some i read said they use it on buttercream cakes all the times other said they would never let anyone eat it even tho its non-toxic so i was wondering if someone could clear this up for me please
im having trouble getting the correct shade of red for lightning mcqueen but it just wont happen. i tinted my icing pink the day before to make it easier but it not working im going on 3/4 of jar now with wilton gel colours (no americolor avail believe me id use it if i could)and all i have is a pale red. i also tried adding a speck of black to help it deepen but that didnt do much. gonna let it sit over night again maybe it will magically change colour for me, any...
i never thought of adding cocoa to it, works with buttercream i would think it would work with fodant too, ill try it, thanks very much for the tip
i never thought of adding cocoa to it, works with buttercream i would think it would work with fodant too, ill try it, thanks very much for the tip
thanks all for your help, i just returned it and bought the ready to use fondant
i am trying to make a racing flag and i need to colour fondant black. i have never used fondant before so i just bought wilton(nobody will be eating it anyway) just for decoration on the cake board. anyway was wondering how i should go about it. i know i need to do a bit at a time and let it rest and it will get darker but should i start with brown or something first, i think i once read on here some start with brown so they dont waste all their black cause im using...
I bought this stuff today and im not sure if its what i thought it was. i originally set out to buy Wilton Rolled fondant to cover a cake board for decoration(would never eat the stuff) Anyway this lady at the store was like we have the wilton ready fondant or the wilton dry fondant you make yourself so i grabbed the make it yourself kind (always trying to save when i can) and when i got home i noticed the package only had instructions to make fondant cream centers for...