Posts by shortNsweet

Thank you for your reply! I remember the square one you posted from the Craftsy link...but for some reason, I am also remembering a 2 tier one also...maybe I had a dream about it!!!...hahahahaha...it sure was pretty, though! If I DID dream that 2 tier individual sized, fondant, mosiac cake...I had QUITE the creative dream!!! LOL!!! I just don't think I'm THAT artistic!!! Thank you for posting the links for me! If ANYONE else knows of anything else I am speaking of.??please...
I am trying to find the tutorial that was delivered in my email a few days ago...unfortionately I did NOT save it, and now I am absolutely KICKING myself!!! I'm not even sure if it was a tutorial, or if it was for a class, but it was delivered on the Cake Central email...and it was for these BEAUTIFUL individual MOSIAC FONDANT SQUARE CAKES. If anyone has the link to this, could you PLEASE send it to me? I tried searching Cake Central for it, and it just can't find it...
That woman is NUTS! Anyone can see how much work that cake was! IT IS stunning!!! I think that price was very reasonable! I woudl have charged more than that! The orchids are AMAZING and the cake is nothing short of perfection! The design, the quality of the work, all perfect. I also would have told her to go to her local grocery store, or WalMart and get a cheap sheet cake if all she was concerned with was price. It is such a shame people just don't get it when it comes...
I don't know...If I had a ton of money, I'd do it as a joke, and put a sign at the base of the cake with my favorite saying..."BITE ME!"...lol
The cake is beautiful, and it sounds like the people at that place were a little crazy!...lol...at least you got a good laugh out of it! Nice job. You should be proud of yourself!
Much deserved bragging! Your cake is awsome and utter perfection!
Just adding my 2 cents worth on this one...IF i DON'T, i'LL BURST!First of all, if the cake was decorated beautifully, who was going to know it wasn't what was ordered on the INSIDE besides the immediate family? Second, what is wrong with people??! Honestly! Lighten up and learn to LAUGH at life's LITTLE problems people! If this small little mishap "ruined" their wedding, I feel sorry for them when real life hits them in the face!Hopefully their like will go smoothly,...
So sorry you have to deal with FM...I have had it for 24 years!!! I was one of the very firs tpeople to be diagnosed with it that long ago. I went through SO many mis-diagnosis before FM came into the picture in the medical world. I even went through 4 needless surgeries on my hips ( where my pain all first started!), only later to find out they were all not needed. I was on medicine for SO many years, that the side effects made me have to go off of them( they effected my...
I agree....if it's the common cold, gloves and a mask will be fine. After all...can you imagine how many people that make your food in restaraunts have colds and DON'T wear gloves and a mask???! I had this situation where I DID have strep throat, and just felt too bad to even make the cake. I had to call the customer and tell her honestly what I had, and she was SO happy that I was honest with her, and she made other arrangements for a cake. I felt terrible, but I would...
I am sorry you are out the money, but I have to go on the side of charity. I have to agree with the other post that said good things will come out of this! Be it other people giving you orders or just the good that comes from GIVING. I would hope this would overtake the feelings of wishing you had gotten more money from you work for YOUR church. If this truly bothers you, then learn from this experience, and do not agree to do it again in the future...it's your choice. I...