Posts by AnnieCahill

Ok I just glanced at the recipe.  The reviews are hit or miss.  Here are my tips:   I always weigh my flour and sugar.  That recipe uses the spoon and level method for measuring, so what they did was spoon it into the measuring cup and then sweep the excess off the top.    Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature.  Butter shouldn't be too soft or too hard.  It should be bendable if that makes sense.  The recipe says your thumb should leave an imprint and that...
I haven't looked at the recipe yet, but I can tell you that many of us don't have luck with MS recipes.  I use her red velvet recipe and that's about it.  There have been lots of threads on here about how some of her recipes don't turn out well.   Is this happening with only this recipe or with others you've tried?  I'm going to take a look at it...
Careful...you might get called self-righteous, creepy, and controlling. 
Could be several things...the way you're measuring the ingredients, your mixing method, your oven temperature could be off, you could be baking it too long, etc.    Can you post the recipe?
Sure.  Just attach them with more melted chocolate.
Yeah I don't get the need for tutorials on every little thing either.  A tutorial for how to pipe a cupcake swirl?  Really?  I mean I can understand if it's something really difficult, but it seems like no one wants to experiment anymore.  That's part of the fun of cake decorating!
Burlap is stank and should stay in the barn.  I went to a wedding over the summer and there was burlap everywhere.  I was anticipating livestock attendants.
Right...I'm not sure what the food laws are in Australia so of course OP would have to make sure it's something that's allowed.
Many use ganache under fondant for sharp edges. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imfDvvSZn5I
You can refrigerate fondant...I do it all the time.