Posts by yellobutterfly

Hannah Lass - you had me at gourmet rocky road - will you share that recipe?
So glad I found this thread - have a little christmas money from santa and didn't know what to spend it on - have the agbay and kopykake, have mixers...thought about an edible image system or cricut cake, but don't think I would use them enough to justify them since I just do this from home...wish I could find a sheeter for $300 bucks
lol, I didn't know you were supposed to oil wood cutting boards, but I don't own any either...where do you buy wood oil?I tried the dobord yesterday and loved it!
thank you both! I can't wait to try it out - hopefully tomorrow!
thank you k8! I think I remember reading that some people use parchment even with the dobord - I am a parchment girl and always roll between parchment so I won't have to add extra flour - just wondering how this works (parchment) with a dobord? anyone? do you cut the parchment the size of the square? does it slide around?
I just got a dobord! can't wait to try it out - wondering about the instructions - do you guys really oil it? is wood oil food safe? and do you wash with soap and water after and before each use?
So I can make them, put in pan, let cool for 20 minutes or so, then cut? And should I let them set or whatever after being cut before covering in fondant, or can that be done right away? Sorry for all the questions, I've never used RKTs for cakes before - just for snacking thank you all for all the input!
that brings me to my next question - would you put rkts in a pan to harden before cutting, etc? I'm not actually going to be molding so much as needing to cut shapes for game cartridges and controllers...
thanks for the responses! Should I lightely shortening the wax/parchment for easy removal of the royal icing? should the royal be thinned/run or full strength?
It's actually for the controllers and game cartridge on a nintendo cake, so do you think the standard recipe will be fine or should I omit the butter as suggested? (not bearing any weight, just placed on the cake boards) thanks for all the responses!