Posts by JamesSweetie

Hi all   I would like to sell some cookie trays and a couple other things just through my husband's work for Christmas.  Every year they beg my husband for my baking, so I figured I'd take a shot and see if anyone would actually pay for some of it.  I do already have a request for peanut brittle.   I'm just having a problem with the logistics.  When I do cookie trays at home and for gifts, I just put as many as will fit, and done. My big question is what size tray/how...
Was hoping that someone with the Winnie the Pooh Stand-up pan could tell me the bottom dimensions? I need to make a cake layer for him to sit on, but I don't have the pan yet so I can't measure it (I'm borrowing it and the person is at work, was hoping to get the bottom cake done before the heat hits tomorrow).I've checked google and the Wilton website but unless i'm missing it, its not listed.
I could think of a few choice words to tell her If this was my good friend, then I would be bluntly honest. "Then why did you say you would give me their info and then change your mind? Yea, nevermind, I don't really think I need that type of "help"."I would question your friendship with this person, because the fact that she basically held possible orders in front of you for "a fee" is really disgusting to me. If she doesn't want to be your cheerleader or market exec,...
I did as you said and didn't look at the other posts...If I'm wrong on this I'm real sorry, but I see a baby popping out of a pregnant woman's belly?
I really admire your courage and ambition in putting yourself out there. Have you heard from the shop owner or had the meeting yet?
Yes she is, I recognize the wine bottle with grapes and cheese!
I just told dh about this and how you were considering giving back the money because of this woman, and then showed him the cake....his jaw dropped and, his words, "HELL NO! She should charge her MORE!!" (And you know men will give you brutal honestly, there you have it!) Adven, now I so want a "NO CAKE FOR YOU!" shirt
I agree with Barbara, I would just state you have a agreed upon pick-up date, and that its their responsibility to store it, especially since you are so busy. This is not your problem! (well it is, but it shouldn't be..if that makes sense!) This makes me think I should put a clause on my site saying that cakes must be picked up on the contract date, and that there will be no refunds due to postponing of event or inclement weather(of course I only take deposits for cakes...
Who with any manner's would be taking pot shots at a cake at an event? And just because the poster said the cake was not her best, you don't actually know how the quality is (I've seen lots of seasoned decorators on here saying how the cake they just made is horrible when its gorgeous..we're our own worst critics). I agree with Doug that a simple thank you, without fake sentiment would have been appreciated.I say make cakes for who will appreciate it, or if you love it,...
This is what I use exclusively, it doesn't have the overly sweet taste of powder sugared icing, I liken it to whipped cream. I use MS's recipe as well, but the sugar and water amounts of different, yet the egg whites and butter amounts are the same. This is the recipe of hers I use:Italian Meringue Buttercream Makes 4 1/2 cups Use this to frost the Baby Block Cake, or your favorite layer cake. 1 1/4 cups sugar 5 large egg whites Pinch of cream of tartar...