Posts by grama_j

I can't explain this one, so I'll show you...... I did this for a graduation a couple of years ago..... you can put each intrest of his on a different layer.......http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1390955/danis-graduation
I have used a half a styrofoam ball cover in plastic wrap....... or why not try a half a sports ball cake..... that would be easy..........
Well, I guess the only ones that would take any time is the dogs........maybe if I just leave the tongues and ears off until that morning, I would be okay.... I've got two sculpted cakes to go too, so I'm starting to panic........ LOL! THANKS for the quick reply !!
Okay.... one more time..... the FONDANT question..... I'm making some cupcakes with cream cheese icing, which of course, must be kept cold......... I want to use fondant accents. They are for my local fire dept. banquet....... some will be little dalmations, ( fondant ears and spots ) Some will have axes, some will have fondant flames........ Now....... I NEED to make them today...... will the fondant accents wilt before Saturday afternoon , or should I put them on just...
What ever, Jason......... I believe in LIVE AND LET LIVE...... people that do wrong will get theirs in the end...... Karma is .......well, Karma....... we have turned into a nation of whinners, and big brothers, and it saddens me......This thread is no longer about cake decorating, so it is the last I will post about the subject.....
" You can either sit there and accept that you will get a lower grade than you deserve, or you can turn them in and keep the playing field level. I've done the latter on more than one occasion in college"Apples and oranges, Jason....... YOU were being hurt by the outcome....... this person isn't even the decorator.......
This reminds me of the "SNITCH" in the classroom..." TEACHER , TEACHER, you forgot to give us homework for the weekend!" "OFFICER ! There is a little girl selling lemonade on Elm street!" She will pay the price if and when she gets caught........ it is not your business.....
Let it go........ IF she calls you again, simply tell her you are booked .........you are not going to get a referral from her anyway.....
Oh, dear....... you are going to be in a world of hurt if you can't simply say " I'm sorry, but since I devote so much time to my cakes, I just don't have the time or energy to start in a new direction. I won't be adding cookies to my product line for quite some time..."
Well, looks like we will have to agree to disagree...... Just stating MY experience with it