Posts by KatieKake

I agree that without the year book Wilton will probably soon be just a memory, like Maid of Scandinavia/Sweet Celebrations, and MailBox News.  All were front runners in cake decorating supplies, and ideas, and are now gone.   I feel the quality of many of the Wilton products has been poor for a long time, they cater to the new decorator, if they would upgrade the quality of their products they could continue to be player in the cake decorating market,while their prices...
get an estimate of the costs of repairing, and if it is reasonable repair, if not and you are going to move, check out a used oven/stove, that will carry you over until you move and then if it is in the cards get the Deluxe oven.   Can''t see spending the money on a Deluze over only to have to leave it if you move.
Just curious, how far did he have to take the cake, miles/ minutes away from you. 40 minutes it a fairly long time, which may well indicate he stopped somewhere between picking up the cake, and getting it to the house or venue. I once had a cake where part of the bottom tier broke off, but I had, had to make a sharp right turn, then left and over a speed bump that I didn't know was there. That was early on and I have not had a problem since, but  it was a 3 tier cake, and...
great job!
I don't know that seeing my cupcakes being sold for a lot more than I was being paid, getting to work over a hour early every day, having to make up 3 different flavors every other day, which probably leaves you with several left overs of each flavor, is worth the thrill of seeing my work for sale. Either they take all the cupcakes or I would forget about it.  Your time is worth much more than you are getting.  I would also raise my price.
I  am not sure what you need, but I would send an email to Wilton, they should be able to give you all the information you need about the fountain. Other wise check with your power company.
I made my first red velvet cake last summer, and was amazed at the fact it did not really have any real taste, it was the hit flavor at the wedding, she also had white cake, mother of bride said they should have ordered all red velvet. I could not figue it out then and still can't.  It doesn't have a flavor.
Try a damp rough textured sponge, you will get something that looks like a stucco effect, then take a fine textured sponge and gently press it against the sides of the cake and sort of smooth out the peaks.  Press don't rub, with both sponges.  hth
No matter what the serving amount is in the end, be sure you get payment for the cake at least  two weeks and a month would be better before the wedding date.   Let them know that no check, no cake, and cash the check to make sure it is good.  I have the feeling that if you do not get paid before hand, you will not get paid after the fact.  "After all you're a relative and you will understand that they can't afford to pay you right now"  Which actually means you will never...
I would love to have your recipe, I have both a daughter and a good friend, who are diabetic, and special occasions would be so much nicer if they could eat the cake also.  I would really appreciate it. .   Thanks so much.